How do I start FCS DEL

EcceHomo

Activate FCS DEL:

1.PITCH RATE GYRO 4 CHANNEL FAILURE

2.ROLL RATE GYRO 4 CHANNEL FAILURE

3.YAW RATE GYRO 4 CHANNEL FAILURE

4.NORMAL ACCELEROMETER 4 CHANNEL FAILURE

But in the game there are no such failures. So there is no way to start FCS DEL?

There is no FCS DEL in the game?

Not sure what your after here, start FCS Bit test at startup?

Download Chuck's F/A-18C Hornet Guide and see if you can see the problem.

Little more info what your doing or want to do would be good.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Are you by chance looking for the FCS Reset button on the left panel, next to the rudder trim, just aft of the throttle?

Not sure what your after here, start FCS Bit test at startup?

Download Chuck's F/A-18C Hornet Guide and see if you can see the problem.

Little more info what your doing or want to do would be good.

F-18C FCS has three control modes: CAS, DEL and MECH. DEL is a backup of CAS. Del cannot be enabled without the four failures mentioned above. DCS F-18C has no way to set up those four faults and can not enable DEL.

OT: In some parts of the flying world - primarily the parts which dont have ejection seats - painstaking systems knowledge is sometimes all that separates the good from the dead. There is no detail too small to tuck away in the back of your mind for that unlikely day when you have cascading failures and dwindling options.

But then, maybe things are different if you're "flying" from the inside of a CONEX container at 0ft and 0kts...

This is not something that would be deliberately done in the fleet (you might have na experimental software for testing at Pax River or EDW), so it stands to reason that you wouldn't be able to force this mode in DCS either. That's not for the 300-hour nugget (that's you). It's more likely that if this mode is modeled at all, it would be accompanied by a loud bang, fire and immediate ejection.

That stuff is in the NATOPS because it's fun to write NATOPS exam questions with it. I know this because I used to be the evil bastard writing NATOPS questions for the RQ-2, and -10 exam questions for the RQ-7 and MQ-1C. All these questions do is bread out the grades to find out who that A, B and C, D and F students are. Rarely is it actually useful stuff in an emergency.

DEL is not an emergency mode, it exists as a DEGD of CAS. And ED simulates MECH, which is really used as an emergency. The focus of the problem is that RATE GYRO is not given in ED. And now there are problems with FCS pages.

1787545765_QQ20181210122144.thumb.png.06e96a37ce3a2dae3c45260870832edd.png

993201261_QQ20181210122150.thumb.jpg.566150926d0df188555455a67abb5e4a.jpg

• 4 months later...
...And ED simulates MECH, which is really used as an emergency....

Would you mind explaining how you triggered the MECH mode in the sim? I was trying to do the same, but couldn't manage it.

Edited by Wait4It

I have never heard of DEL occurring in the actual airplane. Never heard of an instance of it. You’d need to remove some of the feedback loops in the FCS logic to cause it. I don’t think that’s possible to do intentionally. That said, DEL flies very close to CAS according to the sim, so unless it’s just for a novelty I don’t know why you’re that excited about it.

That being said, MECH has happened in a couple of very rare occasions. Needless to say that is a very serious situation and the jet is much more challenging to fly. If you want to try to induce MECH, shutdown an engine airborne. When it’s done spooling down, reduce the other throttle below 85%. Then start maneuvering more aggressively (place a demand on the hydraulic and FCS systems). Obviously, you never want to do this in a real jet. If MECH occurs it means a lot of things have gone wrong, and your bad day went to even worse because of the challenge of flying in that mode. MECH is something that happens TO you; not a mode that you invoke.

Edited by G B