HARM Next patch?

Freeroamer

Slowly but surely the capabilities of this platform are being realised.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I fell in love with this lady back when JAG was on TV.. funny to there was a guy called HARM... :megalol:

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

ok enough about Catherine Bell.

I want to know more about the HARM. We really do need a proper SEAD option with the hornet (its weird doing a private op with Hornets but having an AV8 or SU25T doing sead for you).

I'm assuming the most we can carry is 2 x HARM? probably leaving space for 2 x AGM64Fs I guess as we probably don't need to destroy the rest of the SAM site.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I want to know more about the HARM. We really do need a proper SEAD option with the hornet (its weird doing a private op with Hornets but having an AV8 or SU25T doing sead for you).

I'm assuming the most we can carry is 2 x HARM? probably leaving space for 2 x AGM64Fs I guess as we probably don't need to destroy the rest of the SAM site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-88_HARM

I suppose it will be the E version.

Beside HARMs I hope ECM will be implemented as well.. there's no SEAD without some jam :D

We can carry 4x AGM-88C I think.

Wonder how good the HAS mode will be?

I suppose it will be the E version.

which HARM version are we getting? E,F or C?

We're getting the C, per Wags.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

No problem: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

As for the differences, I'm honestly not sure. I know the E features millimetre-wave radar, but beyond that, I would assume the differences are in the effective range and counter-countermeasures arena.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Thanks, may you point me to where he said that? Any one knows what's the difference between the C and the other types?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Pretty simple, its in the planned weapon list :rolleyes:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

As for the differences, they are pretty sneaky about the HARM, but just look at it in the same way as the AMRAAM with the B, C and D version. Better performances on most aspects compared to its pre-decessor.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Here's some good intel on the HARM, its development and its modes of operation: http://www.ausairpower.net/API-AGM-88-HARM.html

Can HARM C engage ship radars?

Yes, it can. Not just ship radars but also airborne radars: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/10314/the-time-a-f-4g-wild-weasels-anti-radiation-missile-blew-apart-a-b-52s-tail :D

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cheers QuiGon - so it seems that the Charlie has better range and lethality than preceding models.

Here's some good intel on the HARM, its development and its modes of operation: http://www.ausairpower.net/API-AGM-88-HARM.html

Very interesting article!

It says that in order to use the longest range (and "best") modes of the HARM, an additional targeting pod is needed. For the F/A-18 that's a "TAS" pod (Targeting Avionics System).

There's mention of it on the F/A-18C in 1996 so hopefully we will get it later in DCS, though I've heard no mention of it so far...

Very interesting article!

It says that in order to use the longest range (and "best") modes of the HARM, an additional targeting pod is needed. For the F/A-18 that's a "TAS" pod (Targeting Avionics System).

There's mention of it on the F/A-18C in 1996 so hopefully we will get it later in DCS, though I've heard no mention of it so far...

The TAS project never came to fruition AFAIK. Instead the navy introduced the EA-18G Growler, which is an entire airplane dedicated to the tasks of EW and SEAD and has the required targeting system internally. The USAF F-16CJ uses the HTS pod to do that.

Most effectively for HARM employment is an Emitter Location System (ELS) system, which was build into the F-4G Wild Weasel V as well as the Tornado ECR. These airplanes are able to use the HARM to its full capability. As far as I know the F-16CJ HTS pod is not as capable as the F-4G or Tornado ECR in that regard. I'm not sure about the Growler and how capable its internal systems are in this regard.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg