The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

Sorry to disturbe you guy, I was thinking you also do aerobatic with P-51D.

Mea culpa man!:joystick:

Nah you are not disturbing me, and yes I am restarting my Virtual Tuskegee Airmen formation team..:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Hi all,

I successfully installed JSGME for 1.5.5 using the procedure on the first page.

However, when I follow the same procedure for DCS 2.0, when I try to run the initial folder snapshot, I get a "Stream Read Error".

For both versions of DCS, I have used separate JSGME folders with different names with different shortcuts.

I have just updated to 2.0.4.59188.134.

Any ideas?

See this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2959591&postcount=282

Intel Core i7-8086k@5Ghz / Asus PrimeZ370-A

32GB DDR4 3000Mhz Mem / GTX 1080 Ti / 500GB SSD Int M2 / Samsung U28E590 4k / Oculus Rift S

I have already been in contact with the developer of OvGME about this problem and it looks like he is going to fix this error.

I am not sure if JSGME will be updated to handle this error.

If OvGME is updated I think I will switch to it and use it for both 1.5.5 and 2.0.4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a question...since I have both DCS World and DCS World 2 , I assume that if I want to use JSGME for both, I should make two installs, one for each version right ? ( as for example: JSGME DCS World , and JSGME DCS World 2), right ?

You can have an install of JSGME for each individual version of DCS you have. There is a lot of info on this topic already if you search for it.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hello,

I have a question...since I have both DCS World and DCS World 2 , I assume that if I want to use JSGME for both, I should make two installs, one for each version right ? ( as for example: JSGME DCS World , and JSGME DCS World 2), right ?

I think it is easier to use OVGME.

Be advised, this 7zippy link appears to be compromised. Clicking it takes you to a garbled page and anything you click on pops up a bunch of "critical alerts from Microsoft" bs.

-edit

Nevermind, it appears to be working now, without the spam/virus alert. Still, be very careful. Aren't there any sites these days that aren't plague ridden cesspools?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
Neither link works.

I hope the author doesn't mind if I attach here a copy of JSGME :)

It's version 2.6 and even tough it dates from 2010, it was working fine on my DCS copy until a few months ago, when I replaced it with OVMGE, to take advantage of the space saving features of the newer Utility (where a single Mod can be used on different versions of DCS, rather than have dedicated copies like JSGM does).

Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Removed the links,

Please be careful when Clicking on External Links, alot of these free hosting sites have fake download buttons as well as the "Your computer is infected" pop ups and fulll screen hijacks.

Most of the time, a Simple Ctrl Alt Delete and Terminate Browser Processes will close everything.

Small Utilities should really be uploaded as zip to the post and hosted here.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

... Small Utilities should really be uploaded as zip to the post and hosted here.

OK, I've edited my post above to follow your tip :)

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Combinng MOD folders

Can I put all of my, say Spitfire JSGME mods, all in one folder in my _MODs folder? Instead of having them listed separately?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

pls help me out:: i installed JSGME exaclty according to the ultimate DCS JSGME guide...

Whatever I do, this program "AUTO SETS" !! itself to the standard DCS/Mods folder and makes the backup folder there...

I did all steps accordingly ...I make the "_Mods" folder accordingly and it fails again,,,,

I really cant believe it...

how can I get rid of the whole thing?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

pls help me out:: i installed JSGME exaclty according to the ultimate DCS JSGME guide...

Whatever I do, this program "AUTO SETS" !! itself to the standard DCS/Mods folder and makes the backup folder there...

The program doesnt "auto sets" ... the first time that you run it, it will ask for the correct folder where you put your Mods, like this:

Finally we start getting to the good stuff. After you've made your _MODS folder in DCS:W, run JSGME from your desktop shortcut.

You'll be immediately greeted by this screen...

x3YZU.png

Simply enter our new DCS:W _MODS folder in the box as seen above and press OK.

This path is stored in a jsgme.ini file, that you can manually edit to correct it if you got it wrong the first time :)

The program doesnt "auto sets" ... the first time that you run it, it will ask for the correct folder where you put your Mods, like this:

This path is stored in a jsgme.ini file, that you can manually edit to correct it if you got it wrong the first time :)

Will do so , many thx Rudel

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hi Ebs.

Trying to set up JSGME in DCSW. Thanks for your guide. I get most of it but where I am falling down is item 7/

"Go to your new DCS World/_MODS folder. Make a new folder called "Female Wingman" and within that recreate the EXACT structure of the folders...

DCS World/_MODS/Female Wingman/Sounds/Speech/Sound/ENG/Common/Wingman/ and extract the female wingman mod to this directory. Your mod is now ready for use."

I want to install Diveplanes Spitfire sound mod and I have installed JSGME OK and created a _MODS folder in DCS, I don't understand what you mean by recreating to EXACT structure of the folders ?

For Diveplanes mod, can you clarify what the file path should be and the folder structure with an illustration ?

Sorry for being a numpty but I am quite new to all this so just need a little help from the expert !

Thanks. Buster.

Edited by Busterbvi

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. BenQ W1070 Projector. Yamaha RXV 673 AVR, Energy Take 7.1 S.S. 100" screen, serving wench & lap dancing facilities.

Hi Ebs.

Trying to set up JSGME in DCSW. Thanks for your guide. I get most of it but where I am falling down is item 7/

"Go to your new DCS World/_MODS folder. Make a new folder called "Female Wingman" and within that recreate the EXACT structure of the folders...

DCS World/_MODS/Female Wingman/Sounds/Speech/Sound/ENG/Common/Wingman/ and extract the female wingman mod to this directory. Your mod is now ready for use."

I want to install Diveplanes Spitfire sound mod and I have installed JSGME OK and created a _MODS folder in DCS, I don't understand what you mean by recreating to EXACT structure of the folders ?

For Diveplanes mod, can you clarify what the file path should be and the folder structure with an illustration ?

Sorry for being a numpty but I am quite new to all this so just need a little help from the expert !

Thanks. Buster.

Once you have the sound file, use you mouse to move it to your _MODS FOLDER. Then, open JSGME, and activate the sound file.

I struggled with all of this, too.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Vinnie, thanks for the reply. I did that but when I flew the Spit, it sounded like normal which led me to suspect that I had done something wrong with setting up Diveplanes mod in JSGME and the mod was not kicking in.

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. BenQ W1070 Projector. Yamaha RXV 673 AVR, Energy Take 7.1 S.S. 100" screen, serving wench & lap dancing facilities.

Vinnie, thanks for the reply. I did that but when I flew the Spit, it sounded like normal which led me to suspect that I had done something wrong with setting up Diveplanes mod in JSGME and the mod was not kicking in.

Make sure you really did activate it in the Generic Mod Enabler. That's all I can think of.

"wenches and lap dancers" eh?

TWC_SLAG