how do you out put a track to make a vedio

chaser

When you have flown your mission, and in the debrief screen, there is a button to watch track. If you click that, it should show you your mission over again. You will also be able to save the track file there and watch it again later.

I think you need to watch the track or some of it first before saving it or it has problems but somebody else will know for sure.

After that, you use your fav vid capture and play the track again with different camera views.

Can be quite frustrating because there is no FWD or RWD so you are basically real time. Don't speed up time or it will probably mess up the track file.

You have to keep watching the track a few times while recording, changing to different views etc, until you have enough footage to cut together, just like how the movies take many shots of the same thing with differently shot angles etc.

I use action for recording the sim (Free trial) Then you need to edit them together, I do that with sony vegas pro that cost$. I only play around with this, no expert here.

With picture in picture, just two full recorded play through edited together, fairly easy.

There are other free ones like https://fxhome.com/express That are good to play around with when learning / starting out.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If you have Windows 10 you can use the 'Game Bar'. When flying in DCS press the keys Win-G to bring up the bar you use to start and stop recording. The clip is saved in C:/username/videos/captures folder.

Make sure 'Game Bar' is turned on in Windows Settings.

Edited by foofee

Nvidia Shadowplay to record but I never edited them, I am no artist LoL.

I do know that the trk files are very sensitive in how you treat them while playing them.

No FF and no RW, maybe a PAUSE , maybe... as it re-simulates from recorded values. Things differ when you play with the trk file. 1cm off is 100m off 2min later and your trk is not what you flew.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team
You are very talented at making videos! Which editing software are you using?

Thank you, I am using Vegas Pro 15 at the moment, + Adobe After Effects 6 as well, for certain text/logo/title work etc. :)

Camtasia by TechSmith is also very easy to use and powerful. If you're willing to spend money on it, I'd give that a try. You can download a fully functioning 30 day demo.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1