CA: Georgia impressions

Varis

This would probably be better placed in the appropriate forum.

For my .02, it's a fun exploration of what CA is currently capable of and will only improve as CA improves around it. Some missions have you controlling large number of units in a manner similar to an RTS, primarily operating in the F10 map and switching to external cameras for a view of the action, others involve taking direct control of different types of units. There are some issues with the campaign itself but I think it will be a solid experience once the kinks are hammered out.

There's a good number of VOs to keep you informed of what's going on. Things can get a bit cluttered at times but for the most part it's very well executed, IF you enjoy playing Combined Arms in its current state and are willing to tolerate the lumps that come with it. AI pathing still leaves something to be desired, the interface can be clunky sometimes, there are still some nagging line-of-sight issues etc. but I think overall the campaign shows a fun new way to play DCS that a lot of people might not be aware of.

The voice actor who does the NATO commander part is incredibly talented. :music_whistling:

Edited by feefifofum