New HOTAS

so im finally going to upgrade to a HOTAS ive been using just a TM 16000 the old green one for flying for a few years now.. my budget is around the $200.00 AUD Mark, im looking at the X52 as its prefect for price and what not.. but i see alot of people having problems with the x52's... just a heads up I used to own one back in the day when saitek x52's were X52's but ive read saitek was sold, bought and sold again.. my old x52 was bloody GREAT but I thought id ask first see how they play in DCS.

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

Drivers should be good, just plug and play.

You can checkout the saitek software and drivers, I know little about saitek software, I have CH manager.

Have a think about the setup you want.

You can just bind these yourself in DCS and setup a button for a modifier. You can try and import if you like.

I like to print off the key binding pictures for profiles that others create (Thanks), so I can write on them and make changes or add to it.

Here's an example for the A-10C

Scope's X52 Pro A10C Profile

Black = normal button

Red Text = Button + Modifier button (Shift pinky button held in)

3bFiIXM.png

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link