The Big Show SpitFire IX campaign

I'm enjoying immensely this Campaign...

Spitfire Mk.IX and experience the massive air battles in the skies of Western Europe described in his similarly titled book. This campaign follows Clostermann’s career from April 1943 to July 1944 through 12 missions that recreate his memoirs down to the smallest details such as time, weather, squadrons and even radio transmissions. Find out what it feels like to fly with the Biggin Hill Wing in a huge formation of Spitfires, to follow Commandant Mouchotte into gigantic melees against 30+ Focke-Wulfs, to take part in Rodeos, Circuses, and attacks on V-1 launch sites, or to support the ground troops after the D-day landings. All clear? Switches on!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/spitfire_the_big_show/

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I am really enjoying the reality aspect of this Campaign.

I am almost halfway through the book as well.

It presents some very good insights on procedure of operating the aircraft as well as being an amazing account of the events of the time.

It's the best book I have read , at the suggestion of the creator of the Campaign, in 30 years.

It is a dream come true on top of a dream come true.

Many thanks to the creator of this Campaign. Nicely done!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I am new to the Spitfire and got the campaign on the sale, but alas have to wait till Christmas as my wife says it has to go in the Christmas stocking. I really can't wait to give this a fly.

That is a perfect amount of time to read the book if you feel so inclined.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
+100000

That's how the campaign is really meant to be played. It will multiply your immersion ;)

41oOklUVgPL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I finished the book yesterday.

I cannot find the words to describe how good it truly is.

It is a great read indeed. One of the best pieces of literature I have ever picked up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fellows

Sorry if this is a naive question, but ... can we use "The Big Show" in multiplayer mode? I had a look inside Mission 1 with the Mission Editor but I didn't see any planes identified as "client".

BTW, Reflected, I haven't had this campaign long (~24 hours :-) ) but what I've seen of it looks very good. Keep up the great work.

{Has anybody looked into creating a real Biggin Hill on the map?}

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

Hello Fellows

Sorry if this is a naive question, but ... can we use "The Big Show" in multiplayer mode? I had a look inside Mission 1 with the Mission Editor but I didn't see any planes identified as "client".

BTW, Reflected, I haven't had this campaign long (~24 hours :-) ) but what I've seen of it looks very good. Keep up the great work.

{Has anybody looked into creating a real Biggin Hill on the map?}

DLC campaigns don't work in multiplayer. That's part of ED's copy protection for DLC campaigns and can't be changed by the campaign creators.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I seem to have an issue where the campaign isn't saving my progress.

I finish the mission, click to continue or whatever. But at the moment I never have time to play more than one mission at once.

When I come back it has me back on mission 2 again.

Can anyone help?