Realistic Persian Gulf SAM and Strategic Infrastructure Template

This may be a stupid question, but is there any way to add this to current missions or current missions to this to update missions to reflect these defenses?

It isnt a dumb question ... you can do the following:

1) Download Arnold's mission and place it within /saved games/dcs/missions .. on a subfolder of your choosing.

2) Open DCS Mission Editor and load the Mission.

3) Now do: Edit -> Save Static Template; you will have to provide a name and a description.

4) Now, you can use this Template on any mission that you edit, new or old. Use Edit -> Load Static Template and select the above template, its units will be added to your current Mission.

On my case, I opted to subdivide Arnold's work on several Templates, thus needing to only load the parts that are relevant for my Mission:

WCqtW7x.jpg

Best regards and thanks to Arnold for his brilliant work :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It isnt a dumb question ... you can do the following:

1) Download Arnold's mission and place it within /saved games/dcs/missions .. on a subfolder of your choosing.

2) Open DCS Mission Editor and load the Mission.

3) Now do: Edit -> Save Static Template; you will have to provide a name and a description.

4) Now, you can use this Template on any mission that you edit, new or old. Use Edit -> Load Static Template and select the above template, its units will be added to your current Mission.

On my case, I opted to subdivide Arnold's work on several Templates, thus needing to only load the parts that are relevant for my Mission:

WCqtW7x.jpg

Best regards and thanks to Arnold for his brilliant work :)

This is freaking awesome.

Thank you!

• 6 months later...
For anyone happening by this thread I plan on updating this again sometime soon. I stepped away from DCS for a while and I see that Persian Gulf is now released completely.

That would be great .. just want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing this fantastic template, i’ve used it a lot on some of my missions :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 6 months later...

Thank you, lots of work and research averted.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15