How do you turn on runway lights?

I've been experimenting with making very simple missions with the ME but I don't understand why the airports are all dark while the surrounding towns are all lit up. I'm using the Caucasus map in version 2.5. There's probably an obvious answer, but I have to ask. How do I get them to turn on the airport runway lights? Shouldn't there be beacon lights too?

Thanks for any help

it is a pity that weather does not factor into this as well

eg if fog active maybe switch the lights on ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

IRL some airfields leave their lights off unless the pilot wants them turned on.. I don't remember what the freq is, but the pilot selects a particular radio freq and clicks the mic a certain # of clicks and the lights will turn on... Only one time did I ever get the chance to try this IRL and I don't remember the exact procedure but maybe ED could turn this feature on for DCS?

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

There is a bug on caucuses where the lights won't be on at all unless an aircraft starts there.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately lots of clouds with train in the early morning will make it very difficult to spot the runway. Better leave the lights on all the time.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

IRL some airfields leave their lights off unless the pilot wants them turned on.. I don't remember what the freq is, but the pilot selects a particular radio freq and clicks the mic a certain # of clicks and the lights will turn on... Only one time did I ever get the chance to try this IRL and I don't remember the exact procedure but maybe ED could turn this feature on for DCS?

That's almost always at uncontrolled fields so it wouldn't really apply here and the freq is the UNICOM freq.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

When I worked for Cessna, the single engine Delivery Center freq was Unicom and 5 clicks. They turned themselves off.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

When I worked for Cessna, the single engine Delivery Center freq was Unicom and 5 clicks. They turned themselves off.

3, 5 and 7 clicks depending on the intensity you want.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

• 5 months later...
There is a bug on caucuses where the lights won't be on at all unless an aircraft starts there.

aaaah, right... this will save me looking any further for the answer.

:book:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Usally its the CTAf frequency and you'd press the PTT 3, 5, or 7 times depending on lighing systems and how bright you want it