Whenever I finish a mission in the Desert F-18 campaign I get this error message and the campaign doesnt advance (the same exact mission next time.) Any ideas?

Edit the Mission Script.lua as described in the readme file. You will need to do this after every update and we just had one of Friday.

Is there a way to convert the Mirage 2000 Campaign by Baltic to F/A 18? Or any campaign? Dont want to wait for them to make one at this point - story line campaigns are a must and I dont have time to make a proper campaign

No, not the paid campaigns, it would be a violation of the EULA

As the M-2000C campaign is included with the module at no cost, you are probably able to freely edit it; where you're going to run into issues is that much of the material is instructional and specific to the M-2000C.

For examples, triggers looking for cockpit arguments in the M-2000C (such as turning the radios on) will not properly translate to the Hornet.

You're better off trying to convert something for FC3 that isn't looking for aircraft-specific triggers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just learned about DCE and eager to give it a try. I notice that in the Desert F-18 campaign, for instance (and probably others) the instructions are to extract the missions within the DCS install folder. Is this necessary due to hardcoded pathing or something, or can it be installed in the User folder instead (generally better practice since those files don't get overwritten by DCS updates)?

Same question as unipus here... Would be awesome if we could install to

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, any plans for a Sabre campaign? I know the era unit choice is limited but it might be cool mixing the Sabre and MiG-15 with some late WW2 warbirds or maybe even a few F-5 and MiG-21.

Any thoughts?

Yeah it would be awesome, i always wanted to use more the f86, but the possibilities are so scarce that i have not flown more than 8 hours in total since it was released

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Yeah it would be awesome, i always wanted to use more the f86, but the possibilities are so scarce that i have not flown more than 8 hours in total since it was released

I'm enjoying a lot the Museum Relic campaign, I guess that should give you more than 8hrs more!

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I made a Korean version of the first Mbot dynamic campaign : Gardians of the Caucasus with Mig-15 instead of Mig-21 vs Sabre and P-51 a long time ago but I was a little disappointed by gun dogfights. I hope it’s better now and why not a Caucasus/Korean DCE campaign with Sabre air to ground missions one day ? It lacks AAA no ? I own Normandy ground assets but it would be a problem for most players :huh:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

I'm having a lot of fun with my first DCE missions. However, the mission start is much earlier than the departure time, leaving about 15 minutes after startup to wait. Time acceleration doesn't go much further than 2x as the CPU can't keep up anymore.

Is there a preference to shorten the time somewhere, or am I missing something completely?

In the /init/camp_init.lua file there is a parameter

startup_time_player = 1200, --time in seconds allocated for startup, taxi and take off for player flight

which you can change, that should work. After you have changed it you will need to run FirstMission.bat to reinitialize the campaign for the new files in the Init folder that you changed.

^^^ you can also just use SkipMission.bat if you are mid-campaign.

I made three Sabre vs Mig-15 campaigns (Normandy, Caucuses and Nevada) but the Mig-15 damage model, AI model and Sabre gun sight and AI are so bad that it was just frustration. The Sabres would fly slow and low and line up like they were trying to launch an Aim-120 when all they had were guns and even if you had a Mid on fire it was still a viscous opponent. The Sabre did bomb targets well though and the Might was terrible at bombing but good at strafing.

I will look at them again with recent improvements and see if they are playable.

The other issue for some will be the requirement to use the WWII Assets Pack and a couple of other mods to make it viable. Similarly, my Mustang and Spitfire campaigns need the Assets Pack to be finished to make it worthwhile.

I made three Sabre vs Mig-15 campaigns (Normandy, Caucuses and Nevada) but the Mig-15 damage model, AI model and Sabre gun sight and AI are so bad that it was just frustration. The Sabres would fly slow and low and line up like they were trying to launch an Aim-120 when all they had were guns and even if you had a Mid on fire it was still a viscous opponent. The Sabre did bomb targets well though and the Might was terrible at bombing but good at strafing.

I will look at them again with recent improvements and see if they are playable.

The other issue for some will be the requirement to use the WWII Assets Pack and a couple of other mods to make it viable. Similarly, my Mustang and Spitfire campaigns need the Assets Pack to be finished to make it worthwhile.

Oh I see. It'd be great to know if it looks better now

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

First of all, THANK YOU to all of the mission builders.

Without you the World of DCS would be frankly stagnent.

Now. I have VERY little knowledge of programming, but have a tiny request if at all possible.

I'm, like many of you deep into the systems and operations of aircraft. However, I really don't like starting my missions from the ramp.

Specifically I've been looking at FALCAW's campaign for the desert FA-18. In the ATO Flight plan scraipt there is this bit of code for take off and landing. I spotted this take off section:

--take off and landing

if flight[f].route[w].id == "Taxi" or flight[f].route[w].id == "Intercept" then

waypoints[w]["type"] = "TakeOffParking"

waypoints[w]["action"] = "From Parking Area"

waypoints[w]["airdromeId"] = flight[f].airdromeId

--if defined in camp, player flight starts with engines running

if flight[f].player == true and camp.hotstart then

waypoints[w]["action"] = "From Parking Area Hot"

waypoints[w]["type"] = "TakeOffParkingHot"

end

I saw that camps allow planes to take off hot, and tried swapping intercept to Fighter Sweep (as thats the first mission) and replace the takeoffparking to "hot". It doesn't seem to work ( unsurpisingly as I'm a dipstick)! :music_whistling:

Is there a way to tweak a campaign (for personal solo use only) to allow starting for all aircraft hot?

I'm sure there are 100s of repurcussions for the mission, but though I would give it a go.

I don't mind the french tutorial because I am french myself !

Is it the one I found on CheckSix ? If so, I took a quick look at it but haven't had time to practice yet.

Why are choppers campaigns not possible yet ?

Yes it is :smilewink:

Mbot wrote that shoppers were not yet able to be used as main air forces... He is working on it but I don't know when it will be available. I tryed to make one little test campaign in Caucasus for Gazelle but it didn't work : a problem with waypoints it seemed :huh:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version