Operation Red Bear - Su-25T Dynamic campaign suing DCE from MBot

They're hard to spot (particularly the first one), but a phantasmagoria pod helps. You can't actually use ARMs against EWR targets, but you can switch on the phantasmagoria, switch on the shkval, lock the EWR as a target, then switch off the phantasmagoria and the Shkval will stay locked on the EWR. This should allow you to kill it with a standard TV- or laser-guided missile, albiet from much closer range.

Keep in mind that there is also a support vehicle for the EWR that should be destroyed.

1-4 FPS -- can't even get past startup

Just installed this according to instructions. Am really looking forward to getting this working.

I'm getting way low framerates about a minute after mission start. Got any suggestions? I tried just sitting there for 5 minutes thinking the system would stabilize.

This campaign appears to load all of the models relevant to each side, so you have friendly models all over the airbase. It slows down my framerate for the first few seconds after loading, although not nearly that much, and it stabilizes fairly quickly once everything is loaded into memory.

First thing is to turn off labels (shift-F10, i believe). If that doesn't work, you might try tweaking your graphics settings. Increasing the preload radius might help, and turning HDR off is always a good way to pick up some FPS.

Problem with the su25t for spoting is it lacks navigation system and datalink and full functionality of the shkval modelled. You are basically blind with it and have no options to mark your targets. Shkval is for targeting not for searching. In reality you would use systems like datalink or navigation to mark the targets approximate locations before taking off then eventually binoculars, russian versions of jtac and other methods which we don't have available in FC3 level models.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh I agree completely. That's why I try to make sure there's a way point directly over the target(s), that I know what the targets are before I take off, and that I get a nice long run in on the target before reaching the edge of weapon range. (Labels usually aren't visible at that range anyway)

I don't get the impression that the shkval has any kind of data link capability IRL. The Su-25T is a high speed strike craft, not really suited to the circling CAS role the A-10 fits. It Needs a ton of support and spotting to be effective.

Where label are handy is in spotting AAA. The mission generator has a tendency to put flight paths right over enemy AAA emplacements, and most of the way points are set at 500m, we'll within AAA range.

The problem is that now even if you have WP over the targets, you don't see the waypoint on the hud so you still don't know where exactly it is. For example in ka50 you can create a target point and when you uncage shkval while the target point is selected it goes directly over it. I assume the same functionality is valid for the su25t shkval. Not sure tho. But anyway the current implementation of su25t is limited and basically frustrating for realistic usage so labels kind of make sense if you want to use su25 anyway. In addtion to above, add the poor textures and rendering of dcs and you have tons of frustration spoting things.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Updated to the newest version a couple days ago. Fighter Sweep wings are more effective once engaged, but no more intelligent in actually keeping enemy fighters off my flight.

Just had a covering flight of Su-27's completely ignore a flight of F-16's so they could continue on their assigned route. F-16's flew right past them at about 15nm to launch AMRAAMs at me and my wing, all while the Su-27's blindly followed their route plan.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I have a problem with the first mission : the EWR is hidden in a forest and when I try to shoot it or bomb it, the trees block anything I throw at it.

What weapons should I use ?

Is a radar in a forest realistic, by the way ?

Do trees hinder detection in any way in "real life" ?

• 4 weeks later...