[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

1 hour ago, flusim3 said:

and one more question:
Sounds from outside (e.g. a jet taking off) are also interpreted and converted by the buttkicker.

Is this a good or bad sign - or is this normal?

I can not adjust the strength of external noises.

None of the noises are taking into consideration, it's a telemetry based solution.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My assumption is the telemetry is produced regardless of the view chosen, which is what is being sent to the buttkickers. So always as if flying from the cockpit.

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

vor 13 Stunden schrieb =Andre=:

None of the noises are taking into consideration, it's a telemetry based solution.

So that means something is wrong in my system.
However, I do not know where to change something.
Why does everything always have to be so complicated...?🥴

I have clicked on the "Share audio" option in steamvr.(Audio output of the pc selected to which the buttkicker is connected).
Could this be the reason?

Edited by flusim3

1 hour ago, flusim3 said:

I have clicked on the "Share audio" option in steamvr.(Audio output of the pc selected to which the buttkicker is connected).
Could this be the reason?

That sounds like a possible reason, the buttkickers should only be receiving a signal from SSA for it to work correctly AFAIK

• Like 2

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

This was ist. Ok, now it works.

Although I have another problem. I need several starts of DCS/Simshaker until everything works.
Something is still not good here.
I don't know the order in which I should start the programs. First DCS then Simshaker? Or first Simshaker then DCS?

I need several tries before the buttkicker reacts to DCS and I have no idea on which screw I have to turn...

Edited by flusim3

It really shouldn't matter, as a rule I start Simshaker first.

To check the SoundModule is correctly configured before starting DCS, you should click on the grey icon in the Windows task bar and it will indicate which soundcard is being used and any issues with the software in the box at the bottom. You could click on test and then play to prove the buttkickers are working. You shouldn't have to do this every time just to be sure all is working ok.

Sometimes a Windows update messes up the soundcards and it needs to be re-assigned in the settings tab.

Now I am really frustrated!
I need every time 20 minutes to bring the buttkicker to work. No idea why it works then...
I installed everything, connected the buttkicker to the audio output, start Dcs, the SSA and Sound Module does not start automatically, I start the SSA, Sound Module starts automatically, but the buttkicker does not work.
By last days I tried everything: first started SSA then DCS - did not help.
Changed the modules in DCS - did not help.
 If then sometime the buttkicker works, that is the pure coincidence, but that cannot be the solution!!!
I need a step by step guide!

Please please!

22 minutes ago, flusim3 said:

Now I am really frustrated!
I need every time 20 minutes to bring the buttkicker to work. No idea why it works then...
I installed everything, connected the buttkicker to the audio output, start Dcs, the SSA and Sound Module does not start automatically, I start the SSA, Sound Module starts automatically, but the buttkicker does not work.
By last days I tried everything: first started SSA then DCS - did not help.
Changed the modules in DCS - did not help.
 If then sometime the buttkicker works, that is the pure coincidence, but that cannot be the solution!!!
I need a step by step guide!

Please please!

Did you choose the right audio output where the shakers is plugged, from the simshaker sound module menu? it sounds like the shaker is not being feeded from dcs telemetry.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

My experience using VR:

I start SteamVR
Start SSA - sound module loads
Start DCS

Note that starting SteamVR starts WMR in my case as I have a Reverb. This changes the default sound device. Not that it should matter as I have a different sound device assigned to the Sound Module and DCS has its own assignments (not default).

However, when SteamVR stops after use the default sound device switches back. If I leave SSA open and start SteamVR and DCS again chances are the sound module won't work - it shows the correct device in settings but hitting test & play nothing comes through. So I restart SSA to get it working.

In my case the order is important as I think starting SSA before SteamVR/WMR causes an issue with the Sound Module where the Windows sound devices are switched. So as long as I follow the order at the top of this post it works fine very time.

I hope this helps.

A quick question:

Is it possible to automate the start of SSA, e.g. to add it to the list of external applications to start up with SkateZilla's DCS launcher program? I can't find an exe that starts SSA, the process seems to start from within the menu program. Is there a parameter that can be added to the menu program exe shortcut (SimShaker for Aviators Beta.exe)

Hi,

I'm using SimShaker for Aviators and the Sound Module to output to a couple of transducers. I have noticed something strange with the output though. In AV8B, with my throttle set to full and engine rumble set to 40% in config, I see 35 gain shown for engine left and right. As I throttle BACK, the gain slowly increases to 40, then it starts the Medium strength file at 25 then slowly increases as I pull back further. Its like the throttle position mapping is the wrong way round. I also get this in the Hornet. Any ideas what could be going on? 

Thanks

Am 19.12.2021 um 18:07 schrieb Baldrick33:

A quick question:

Is it possible to automate the start of SSA, e.g. to add it to the list of external applications to start up with SkateZilla's DCS launcher program? I can't find an exe that starts SSA, the process seems to start from within the menu program. Is there a parameter that can be added to the menu program exe shortcut (SimShaker for Aviators Beta.exe)

I have it!
After starting SSA and simshaker sound modules, I have to start the connected buttkicker amplifier. Only then does simshaker Sound Module seem to recognize the buttkicker.
Anyway, now it works!

Thanks for your help!

Edited by flusim3

1 hour ago, AndyPeacock said:

Hi,

I'm using SimShaker for Aviators and the Sound Module to output to a couple of transducers. I have noticed something strange with the output though. In AV8B, with my throttle set to full and engine rumble set to 40% in config, I see 35 gain shown for engine left and right. As I throttle BACK, the gain slowly increases to 40, then it starts the Medium strength file at 25 then slowly increases as I pull back further. Its like the throttle position mapping is the wrong way round. I also get this in the Hornet. Any ideas what could be going on? 

Thanks

Rework of the jet engine effect is on my todo list. Not sure when I can work on this, but yeah, it's on my list 😉

2 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Rework of the jet engine effect is on my todo list. Not sure when I can work on this, but yeah, it's on my list 😉

Ah so it's broken at the moment? Is that a DCS change? I'm sure it used to be ok. Can I ask, how is the engine effect controlled? I assumed it was using the engine RPM, but the AV8BNA does not seem to export the RPM data in the simshaker.lua. I tried adding it in, but that didn't change anything. The fact I get some vibration without and entry suggests there is something magic happening as looking at the logged data from simshaker.lua, there doesn't appear to be any data for engine going out for the AV8BNA.

Also digging around, I notice there are no outputs in the simshaker.lua for stuff like gear moving, is there some other file that outputs this data or does SSA hook into that in some other way?

You might not be able to /  or want to share, but I would really like to get a better understanding of how this data flows from DCS through SSA into SSSM. 

Upon further digging and logging, I think I'm understanding it better now. I had assumed everything was pulled out of using simshaker.lua, but its actually exportcore that is responsible for sending the main cockpit instrument, and animation values (c and e) values that are sent via the Network.sendMessage function, (dropping the gear I can see e0, e3 and e5 go from 0 to 1 as the gear extends). So I assume that every module must have custom code within SSA to handle and map these values into an effect, which is then sent to SSSM.

Thanks.

Edited by AndyPeacock

any idea why this happens at launch ?

image.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at SimShaker.UI.ProcessManager.StartSeatHandler(String arguments)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimShaker for Aviators
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/user/programs/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NLog
    Win32 Version: 4.7.11.13229
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Usersuser/programs/SimShaker/NLog.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4320.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.ServiceModel
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Ok pilots I bought it, JetPad that is. One quick question, I plan to make my own F-16 tilted style seat from wood, is the JetSeat cushion enough to be put on hard surface, or do I need a padding underneath?

Edited by jurinko

3 hours ago, jurinko said:

Ok pilots I bought it, JetPad that is. One quick question, I plan to make my own F-16 tilted style seat from wood, is the JetSeat cushion enough to be put on hard surface, or do I need a padding underneath?

I'd recommend you to consider at least a little padding underneath.

22 hours ago, flusim3 said:

I have it!
After starting SSA and simshaker sound modules, I have to start the connected buttkicker amplifier. Only then does simshaker Sound Module seem to recognize the buttkicker.
Anyway, now it works!

Thanks for your help!

The SimShaker Sound Module doesn't try to recognize  the buttkicker. It just pushes audio into the sound card of your choice (or default one, if none was selected).

• Thanks 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vor 21 Stunden schrieb =Andre=:

I'd recommend you to consider at least a little padding underneath.

The SimShaker Sound Module doesn't try to recognize  the buttkicker. It just pushes audio into the sound card of your choice (or default one, if none was selected).

Maybe not simshaker soundmodule, but the PC?
I do not know!
The main thing is that it works

Edited by flusim3

1 hour ago, dureiken said:

Hi guys

after thinking that vibrating seat was just a gadget, I realize I can't play without it  now !

I have a little problem : F16 gun doesn't seem to make seat virating. A10C2 works fine.

Is that normal ? thanks

Same, no vibrations, no flight for me. e

For any chance, f16 gun mission is with unlimited ammo on? 

Viper gun effect works fine on my side

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

1 hour ago, dureiken said:

Hi guys

after thinking that vibrating seat was just a gadget, I realize I can't play without it  now !

I have a little problem : F16 gun doesn't seem to make seat virating. A10C2 works fine.

Is that normal ? thanks

Wingmate and I with JetSeats both have no gun sounds with F-16 as well.  No unlimited ammo.