Evolution of a Low Level helicopter slalom.

Holbeach

I am flying the same route on the P-51.

Along the route, you can fly just in front at the mountain, you pass one container to be able to accelerate to climb the slope.

Maybe, don't pass the container, then fly further up the valley and then turn and zig-zag up the mountain to keep the speed up.

I did it that way with an overweight Gazelle.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Feckmee that was good.

I see you've been practicing. :D

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 3 weeks later...
I've made a few alterations to the route and added some mountains. The changing elevations give an opportunity to use the full collective range.There are 6 FARPS to practice landings on the route. This is just testing the route to make sure it works.

Is this post the miz that everyone flies?

Post number 16, "Mountain power lines.Miz" is this the wicked Mk4 slalom?

after seeing the last post..... I gotta spend more time in the Kamov!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Penshoon mastery of this slalom is outstanding, especially when you find out how difficult it is at that speed.

"Mountain power lines.Miz" is this the wicked Mk4 slalom?

Yes that is the correct mission'

• 1 year later...
I haven't done much with the UH-1H, so I made a low level circuit mission, under the wires, so that I could practice and this is the first time I completed it without crashing. This is a balls out, anything goes dash, in order to get the time to a minimum and that includes the landing on the pad. Containers mark the route, pass between the towers and under the wires.

Fastest time 5 min 27 secs.

Hello, can you tell me if this mission still works well on the new Caucasus Map? ... I will try it out tonight, but I would like to know if it is still doable :)

Thanks a lot for sharing the mission with the community.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If interested, I can help you insert code that would provide timing for your race course. Its code that was first used on the Virtual Aerobatic server. Is able to monitor multiple a/c on the same course in a time trial format or it can also track multiple a/c in the same heat (start within 10 seconds of each other) creating a positional race like Reno. It also can handle multiple courses in the same mission, each tracking completely independently of each other.

Aerobatics Online and the Virtual Air Race Series also utilize this code.

It is relatively easy to setup new tracks and can handle any a/c in DCS.

Give me a PM to go over details if interested.

/Salute

Shahdoh

Hello, can you tell me if this mission still works well on the new Caucasus Map? ... I will try it out tonight, but I would like to know if it is still doable :)

Thanks a lot for sharing the mission with the community.

Kinda works, more trees...

zHS9nSVjix0

Otter

Kinda works, more trees...

Really amazing flying ... I tought that the trees on the new Caucasus were collideable, but on some parts of the video it looks like your rotors should have touched the trees ... but didnt :D

Thanks for the overlay, I will try to purchase pedals ... they are very expensive on my country, so I make do with a thumb wheel on my hotas but its very dificult to coordinate with the stick :(

Bedt regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 7 months later...

I've nearly finished updating this, Power Line Survey, for 2.5, so that the route markers are not obscured by the trees. The terrain is now smoother, so I've adjusted a few things so it's not too easy. The whole thing looks much better now and more interesting.

Best time so far during testing with the Huey is 6.58. (Replay failed for a video guide).

New video route guide to follow.

Either a 7.25 min with good but slow final landing.

Or, 6.52 min (my fastest), with mediocre but faster landing..

Edited by Holbeach

Power line survey. Updated for 2.5.

This is an evolution of a mission, designed to improve Huey handling skills.

It is based on a power line inspection, start to finish, except that you have to do it under the lines.

Changes are: Some container, route guides, have been replaced with Oil Derricks, in the tree areas, to become visible.

There is no height restriction, but wires must be passed underneath.

Follow the route guides and land at the last FARP on the pad in front of the crowd.

It is difficult to follow, so I provide a video to help.

Don't tell me it's not realistic. Of course it's nor realistic!

Those with a weak heart, should not attempt this.

Thanks a lot, but cant find the .miz file :(

Thanks a lot, but cant find the .miz file :(

Because of the large amount of trees present in 2.5, the route is difficult to follow, I've been waiting for a guide video to upload, (it takes all night).

I'll put it up today.

2.5 slalom Route guide video.

This is not a competition or race. No points to earn. It is meant to be a training aid, to improve handling skills, by working to a discipline.

Suitable for Gazelle, Huey or Ka-50.

My timing and criteria, are there for comparison. Timing is by debrief. Height restriction is by wires.

The route has to be learnt. Run it slowly and build up, it's all part of the fun. This will take time, but anybody who flew the 1.5 version, should have no trouble. It is almost the same. No quick gratification here.

The route can be shortened, hence the FARPS.

Lastly. It's not a race. (unless you want it to be).

Follow the containers or oil derricks. No height restriction, but pass under the wires. Don't take short cuts. Don't have warning alarms. There's a long straight to build up speed, then a start of gentle curves getting tighter. A moderate climb, followed by a 145kt descent. Then a flat out valley floor run, followed by a horrible steep ascent. Follow the derricks through the trees and around the high FARP. Descend to the low FARP and on to the final landing, which must be on the pad in front of and facing the crowd. Good Luck.

Replays work 100%. Min 60 fps. No stutters. 100% trees and foliage. 2 MSAA 1.5 SSAA.

The hardest part, is this steep descent under the lines. Phew. :fear:

Mountain power lines 2.5 .miz

Screen_190929_105554.thumb.png.cdd4a98ace22b7ca862eedf437bd5171.png

Edited by Holbeach
Re uploaded miz file.

Hi,

I like the skill mission, but after a few seconds the preview of the video was my orientation is lost, it could use a few improvements.

- Use more constraints, and the exact rule how the points fly, feel free to limit the height of the.

- Add additional smoke brands for better orientation.

- Do the more difficult passages, in the form of technical points.

- Change the shape of the track was better in the ring.

- To supplement the inspection flight for the disqualification.

- Add a stopwatch which will facilitate the evaluation, the possible reset time.

- Mainly overall, shorten the race!

I'll probably look ungrateful, when I have such a mission did not create.

I recommend to draw inspiration from the skill of the mission The Bridge Slalom Bet https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224532 who has everything what is needed and is also very fun.

I'm looking forward to more modified mission thank you very much.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Hi,

I like the skill mission, but after a few seconds the preview of the video was my orientation is lost, it could use a few improvements.

- Use more constraints, and the exact rule how the points fly, feel free to limit the height of the.

- Add additional smoke brands for better orientation.

- Do the more difficult passages, in the form of technical points.

- Change the shape of the track was better in the ring.

- To supplement the inspection flight for the disqualification.

- Add a stopwatch which will facilitate the evaluation, the possible reset time.

- Mainly overall, shorten the race!

I'll probably look ungrateful, when I have such a mission did not create.

I recommend to draw inspiration from the skill of the mission The Bridge Slalom Bet https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224532 who has everything what is needed and is also very fun.

I'm looking forward to more modified mission thank you very much.

I've answered some of your questions in the previous post.

It suits me perfectly as it is, but I don't think it's for you.

This is not a competition or race. No points to earn. It is meant to be a training aid, to improve handling skills, by working to a discipline.

Thanks a lot for sharing .. really nice and challenfging mission, I'm trying to make it using the Ka-50, as it's the chopper that I know best :)

Best regards

Thanks a lot for sharing .. really nice and challenfging mission, I'm trying to make it using the Ka-50, as it's the chopper that I know best :)

Best regards

Thanks. That's the idea.

It will suit the Ka-50 well and the Gazelle.

I need to work on my fast landings, so I will be doing a FARP hop, with the HUEY.

• 1 year later...

Is there anybody out there, that can actually do this?

(Previous page).

Apart from me.

Edited by Holbeach

• 6 months later...