The New Soviet Republic - Cooperative Multiplayer

I tought I write feedback, because we finished the mission 2 yesterday. We played with 2*su27, 2*f15c, 3*ka50, 4*a10c, 1*su25t, 1*mi8, 1*game master (gci). Fighters first: they liked the mission and the targets, no problem this section. Mi8 second: we liked the idea of a story transport task at the beginning. Attackers last: not enough targets for 8 attackers, but that's okay, I recommend play it with like 4 attackers.

The good:

-custom radios, good atmosphere

-start in dark, and the sun rises

-jtac coordinates to targets

-interesting with every type of plane

The bad:

-dcs is broken as ****, the convoy didn't pass any bridge, they jumped off and went on the ground, like 3-4 times slower than they normally pass the bridge

http://imgur.com/a/v6nHV

-one of the tanks spawned under the ground, without tacview, we couldn't finish the mission, luckily we shot to the ground near it and it moved above the ground

http://imgur.com/a/9HPy6

Improvement ideas:

-switch off the long radio message talk about ground targets for the fighters, keep only the signs (they were in a big fight, and couldn't communicate with each other, and it was a bit disturbing)

And again: thanks for sharing!

Hey Knix, pretty sure this is a netcode issue; we had a couple of exploding A-10s as well. The parking spaces at Sochi are super close to each other. Hoping we'll see a fix for this particular issue when 1.5.5 next updates.

Removing the fighters from A-G comms would necessitate about 30 different MESSAGE-TO-GROUP triggers for every message so that's probably not going happen. ;)

Also, did the EOD team make it across the bridge on your run or did they get stuck at the river? I created a backup to despawn the original group and make a new one but they've only gotten stuck for me in large MP sessions.

As for the convoys refusing to use bridges, this is new for 1.5.5 (or maybe just a special treat for your playthrough)...unfortunately probably not much I can do about this one but glad to hear they are at least still moving.

WRT to the tank; I think it may be more likely that the unit dispersed and clipped into the terrain than he started off underground...I haven't seen this particular issue before but I'll keep an eye out. There is one group which starts off on the far side of the tunnel near the roadblock, then holds position halfway through the tunnel until the 2nd tasking starts. One of these guys may have also gotten stuck but again, haven't seen that before.

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: reviewing your image I think I've identified which tank got weird on you. Looks like one of the roadblock units drove inside the hill somehow after you hit the other units...could I trouble you to confirm with TacView (or just send me your ACMI?)

Edited by feefifofum

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Mission 3 uploaded! This is a fairly challenging op for strike elements involving some low cloud cover in a mountainous region.

Retake Polyana from deeply entrenched NSR forces, then locate and destroy an encampment in the mountains.

Enjoy!

Thanks to Doughboy and Chrinik for the help with the voiceovers!

• 3 weeks later...

Mission 1 updated to include the F-5, M-2000C and some slight tweaks to AI behavior. Things may be a little more challenging than the last time you played!

The Mirage will NOT trigger CAP tasking on its own. If you wish to trigger CAP tasking with a Mirage only, change Colt flight to M-2000Cs.

Edited by feefifofum

• 1 year later...

NSR missions 1 and 2 updated for compatibility with DCS 2.5 and to include the F/A-18 in both CAP and CAS/attack roles as desired.

NSR 3 updated, but until scenery object removal works for multiplayer clients the mission is more or less unplayable. The main target area is completely covered by forest.

• 1 month later...

Mission 2 on loading in ME. otherwise nice work.

"Need modules for load mission: WASP tents"

Edited by HellsBells

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Cheers thanks :)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

• 2 months later...

Would this be suitable for 3 newby pilots leaning coop. We all have harriers, A10s, F18s and All Helos?

Looking for a 3 ship F18 coop to practise our tactics and learning the aircraft systems and weaponary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi cowboy,

Missions 1 & 2 should be great candidates for your group. You'd probably enjoy Operation Wax Wings as well. Unfortunately NSR3 is still not a viable candidate due to tree removal not synching in multiplayer.

There are some IR threats in NSR 1 but nothing too hairy if you keep your eyes open and your flares ready.

Hi cowboy,

Missions 1 & 2 should be great candidates for your group. You'd probably enjoy Operation Wax Wings as well. Unfortunately NSR3 is still not a viable candidate due to tree removal not synching in multiplayer.

There are some IR threats in NSR 1 but nothing too hairy if you keep your eyes open and your flares ready.

Fantastic news, thankyou. Will get it downloaded and installed ready for team to fly tonight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Is NSR3 still bugged? Server locks whilst on takeoff. taxi ok any plane that attempts to takeoff locks up

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

That's deeply strange, I haven't even gotten as far as taking off since DCS 2.5 since the issues with scenery removal are still preventing it from being usable (I have checked with latest OB) as the enemy encampment is 100% covered by forest; unit placement still needs some tweaking for the new map as well. Trees removed by a FARP object show properly to MP clients but those removed using the mission editor trigger do not.

Until I see the trees gone as a MP client I'm not going to spend too much energy trying to fix/update NSR3 but I do check every time I see something about object removal in the patch notes. :thumbup:

Shame that NSR3 doesn't work.

Looks like a great mission to round off the other 2.

To Clarify, aircraft lock the mission on startup. Tried several different aircraft with the same result.

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Australian Website

AU Discord Server