Release: in stable or OB?

Gianky

I'll guess I'll be changing over to Open Beta then :D

Is there a hassle free way to update from stable->open beta - or is it better just to have separate install and move your missions, settings and keyboard commands over to that?

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I'll guess I'll be changing over to Open Beta then :D

Is there a hassle free way to update from stable->open beta - or is it better just to have separate install and move your missions, settings and keyboard commands over to that?

There is and it's actually very easy.

If you have the Steam version you just have to select the open beta in the game properties of DCS in the Steam library.

If you have the standalone version of DCS, you have to open the windows CMD, navigate to the bin folder that is located inside the DCS folder and execute the following command: DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

You can find more information on how to do that here.

That's it :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks again for your answers, guys!

And thanks, Master QuiGon, for showing this (not so) young Padawan the way to switch from stable to OB without too much hassle (and, I hope, not too many GBs to download...)!

It should be exactly 0.0 GB if you switch now, because right now the Open Beta and the Stable Release are exactly the same ;)

That will change next Wednesday again of course.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

There is and it's actually very easy.

If you have the Steam version you just have to select the open beta in the game properties of DCS in the Steam library.

If you have the standalone version of DCS, you have to open the windows CMD, navigate to the bin folder that is located inside the DCS folder and execute the following command: DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

You can find more information on how to do that here.

That's it :)

Thank you! :thumbup:

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer