Persian Gulf waypoints template

- Included ENR waypoints extracted from recent [Q3/Q4 2018] Iranian & UAE AIP

- Single A-10C parked on Al Minahd AB

Number of waypoints:

Iran 131

UAE 398

Total 529

This zip files includes:

TMPL_Iran_ENR_Only.miz - Blank DCS mission that includes only Iranian waypoints (Iran ENR)

TMPL_UAE_ENR_Only.miz - Blank DCS mission that includes only UAE waypoints (UAE ENR)

TMPL_All_ENR.miz - Blank DCS mission that includes all waypoints (Iran & UAE ENR)

Persian Gulf ENR.kmz - Google Earth KMZ file that can be used for planning (includes waypoints & DCS PG map outline)

Tools used:

Linux console (sed, grep, awk, tr, split, etc .. lots of regex magic)

Google Earth (csv import > kmz export)

Combat Flite (kmz import > miz export)

Special thanks:

Thor77 aka InFlames for help!

Viper39 for making CombatFlite tool!

Time used:

Roughly 8 hours

I might do the waypoints for Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Oman.

If you have access to Oman AIP, let me know.

Feel free to modify as you see fit and drop a comment below.

Version 1 link

GE.thumb.jpg.7359e8b2f649a561c9cb0e18bc85d776.jpg

DCS1.thumb.jpg.2d32a35e0f4ad9ab654b0b45aeebe33c.jpg

DCS2.thumb.jpg.9c6494b275d1a73e4650f9e7aec8ccf5.jpg

Edited by Nu-NRG

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Hello .. how did you create so many IP points? .. the Mission Editor only lets me define up to 8 and their names are pre-set. Thanks

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello .. how did you create so many IP points? .. the Mission Editor only lets me define up to 8 and their names are pre-set. Thanks

This was done outside mission editor.

But in the mission editor you can add as much as you like and you can name them as well. What you are offered in dropdown is a template.

But in the mission editor you can add as much as you like and you can name them as well. What you are offered in dropdown is a template.

Thanks a lot, didn't knew that :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wow ¡¡

So much work creating every point in the map one by one.

KUDOS

Not every ... Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Oman are still missing (west, south and south east parts of the map)

I found them for Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Oman I can't find them. I guess I'll do those after new year festivities.

Some progress on the promised. There is a chance I'll get my hands on Oman AIP. We'll see how that goes ...

Need to clean up duplicates (some points are shared between all of them) before importing in to .MIZ

After that I'll release version 2

DCS_limit.jpg

And for the feeling of it ... here is how many are there in real world. It makes google earth cry like a baby :) Keep in mind, auxiliary waypoints are removed!

google_earth_cry_like_a_baby.jpg

Edited by Nu-NRG

Great stuff man! Thanks so much!

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr