Mission Progression - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 02:20 AM   #1
Oz_Flyer

Default Mission Progression

Wow is this campaign immersive! Outstanding job, Reflected.

Only issue I have encountered is I recently flew mission #3 (with the B-17's). I flew to the rendezvous point and my flight was engaged by 190's. I managed to down one of them, but then I got hit myself, engine caught fire, and I bailed out. I quit the mission, but the campaign wont let me advance to mission #4 - instead it wants me to fly mission #2 again???

CVW-11 https://www.vcvw-11.com/
Oz_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Reflected

Hi there. I'm glad you enjoy the missions! The condition for success is that the player's unit should be alive, AND at least 10 minutes has to pass since the beginning of the mission. Perhaps the unit was counted dead even though you bailed out? Not sure why would it take you back to mission 2 though, that seems odd.

"The Big Show" Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,9 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / Oculus Rift CV1
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:21 AM   #3
Oz_Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Hi there. I'm glad you enjoy the missions! The condition for success is that the player's unit should be alive, AND at least 10 minutes has to pass since the beginning of the mission. Perhaps the unit was counted dead even though you bailed out? Not sure why would it take you back to mission 2 though, that seems odd.
After checking the Tacview, it appears I was recognised as dead even though I managed to bail out - I'd say that is what happened. Still doesn't explain why I was reverted back to mission 2 though. Nevertheless I just simply played mission 2 for 10mins, followed by mission 3 for 10mins, and now I'm back to where I should be - ready to start mission 4.

Thanks for the help, Reflected. I sure hope you have something like this campaign in the works for the P-51

CVW-11 https://www.vcvw-11.com/
Oz_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
Mango

Funny, I had the exact same experience, and worked around it the same way.

The beginning of mission 4 is beautiful!!
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote