Realistic Persian Gulf SAM and Strategic Infrastructure Template

26ad01a9d5398d93d087d0f4806067d0-jpg.jpg

-Download Link:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301349/

In the vain of trying to simulate a "realistic" battle over Iran, I began work on this.

Current real-to-life SAM and EWR sites for Iran and the UAE as well as Iranian Infrastructure I have deemed to be strategically important to Iran.

This is a work in progress.

All SAM batteries are placed with exact numbers of launcher for each site as they are in real life for Iran and the UAE/USA.

All SAM sites should be active and working.

I have placed all SAM sites within the detailed map areas only. These sites are based on actual IMINT. I have personally gone into Google Earth for each site to lay it out as true-to-life as possible down to number of launchers per site as well as the location and orientation for each launcher. Where HQ-2 sites are in real life, I am using HAWK batteries. I've also placed triggers as points of reference for empty but built up HAWK sites (also based on real intel). While these sites are currently inactive as of July 2018, with short notice they can be made operational if Iran's air defense branch deems necessary.

Sites of strategic importance will be added over time as further research is done. To start, I have currently marked the most important power production plants in the area and plan to expand further with sites such as military bases, barracks, and other similar sites. These sites are also marked with triggers in proper locations for mission makers to go in and add static buildings or whatever you would like.

Please feel free to to use and edit this to your desire. However, to keep things consistent I would ask that you do not re-upload or redistribute an edited version.

**Version 0.99**

-All Iranian SAM and EWR Sites within map area have been placed

-All UAE Patriot Sites have been placed

-Added a few more strategic sites

-Added Qatari Patriot Site

-All SAM sites for redfor and bulfor are set to excellent difficulty

-Coalitions are proper including USAF Aggressors for Redfor

-Added a few more strategic infrastructure sites

-Deleted markings for empty HAWK sites (will add them back in next update)

**Version 0.99.1**

-Updated to SA-2

-Added Silkworm sites

-Added more important infrastructure sites

**Version 0.99.2**

-Added current airbase roster for Iran and UAE

-Added important ports for Iran and UAE

-Added Important power production plants for UAE

-Added ASW sites for Iran (actually ASuW ei. silkworm)

-Added Military production sites for Iran

-Added markers for Saudi SAM sites (I will place SAMs if ED updates that area)

Edited by P. ARNOLD

Well done...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

This is so cool, great work!

I hope to see some big MP servers using this one day. In the meantime it will be cool to build some SP stuff with this.

I noticed Lar has no cover. I wonder if they just use some smaller stuff there irl?

This is so cool, great work!

I hope to see some big MP servers using this one day. In the meantime it will be cool to build some SP stuff with this.

I noticed Lar has no cover. I wonder if they just use some smaller stuff there irl?

From what I've seen, I've come to conclude 3 things:

Firstly, it's surrounded by mountains, making SAM sites a virtual useless

Secondly, Even if it wasn't in the mountains, there's not much strategically there.

Thirdly, Iran does not rely as heavily on SAMs for protection like Iraq did in the Gulf War. They saw how ineffective they were against the coalition. It appears that through a respectable network of early warning radar as well as soon to be implemented over the horizon radar systems, they plan on doing aerial interdiction rather than playing defense.

This actually explains the many gaps in air defense along the southern portion of Iran.

The north is where most of the SAMs are concentrated. Tehran has 12 SAM sites to cover the city. Isfahan has 5. There is also a nuke facility between the two with several 2K12 batteries protecting it. It's a shame the map won't be expanded that far north though. Doing a refuel in, refuel out strategic strike in Tehran would be awesome.:pilotfly:

this is awesome, ty sir! going to enjoy free flight with random spawning OPFOR aircraft

I was hoping normandy would have a similar template by default.

dont know why Ed dont do this

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

• 3 months later...
version 0.99.1 is out.

Thanks a lot for sharing .. to what time-frame this infrastructure corresponds?

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks a lot for sharing .. to what time-frame this infrastructure corresponds?

Best regards

This is mostly current day. The SAM sites that I've placed down can be seen by your own eyes in google earth. That's how I verified everything including launcher numbers and placements. However, information may be outdated by a few years in regards to strategic locations. The empty site markers I've used would have been active 20 or so years ago, but Iran has cut back since then with their AAA emplacements due to obsolescence of the HAWK system. If you'd like to make a mission based in the 90's you can copy and past the HAWK sites by selecting the first unit, then doing Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C to place on the empty HAWK site markers.

Edited by P. ARNOLD

This is mostly current day. ... The empty site markers I've used would have been active 20 or so years ago, but Iran has cut back since then with their AAA emplacements due to obsolescence of the HAWK system. If you'd like to make a mission based in the 90's you can copy and past the HAWK sites by selecting the first unit, then doing Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C to place on the empty HAWK site markers.

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer, I will use your single .miz file as a basis to make a separate Static Template for each Site, as it is easier that way to include them on my pre-existing missions as needed. Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This file is gold. I too made a template from it for use in my own missions (I don't upload them..) It adds a bit of realism for sure!

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your work, in the downloaded file i don't find Silkworm sites, where are they ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

I think he has most of them marked as "ASW Missile Site" though there is one Silkworm site included near Bandar Abbas, IIRC.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

This is just awesome! Thank you P.Arnold, great work!

Replicating Irans (strategic) IADS as realistic as possible is one of my goals when I build my own SP missions. I‘ve found the following websites plus some own Google Earth and Bing maps research most helpful:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Iran-SAM-Deployment.html

This one is a very in-depth OSINT analysis with lots of interesting background information. The analysis is now 9 years old though so not that much up-to-date. At that time Iran did not (officially at least) possess the S300 for example.

https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2018/09/irans-sam-coverage-updates-and-future.html

This is a more recent analysis from September 2018. It is based on the previously mentioned one and updated with the newer sites and systems.

Again, just have a look at Google Earth. My main area of interest so far is the area around Bandar Abbas. For example you can easily see the SA-5 site with two launchers just north of the airport (you even can identify the missile by its shadow!).

Edited by Hog_No32
corrected 2nd link