The Interesting Missions Generator

With CCIP delivery of said wine lol!!!
It seems to me there is a mod for the Spitfire where you can mount a keg under the wings. :D

Will need to look........

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is a Beer Keg Mod (just kidding) ... but it's a keg of piss-warm Guinness !

We now have the Keg!

We just need to turn it into a mountable object.

Keg.png?dl=1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 month later...

This is a really great idea for pick up and play but to truly shine it needs to be automatic.

I don't know how to write lua but maybe someone else who can could write a script to randomly spawn one of the 100 missions when you start a 'master' mission.

I don't fancy having a 100 random missions filling my missions folder, so if there is any kind of option to keep them in a separate folder, that would be great.

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Unless I missed something, I still have to manually select and load a mission every time?

Yes, I can manually select a mission from the 100's that you have created but why would I want to? I would prefer to start a mission and have a different set of tasks every time.

If I misunderstood your tool, then please explain to me how to get this.

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like this concept immensely, but in 2.5 I'm getting consistently horrible framerates. like 4-5. Usually in the various instant action missions and SP mode in generaly I rarely go below 50, which I only get in the interesting mission if I pause.

So I figure AI planes mess it up, and I edit the mission and delete planegroups which I'm unlikely to encounter (say planes in russia during a georgia cross-country). This helps completely, but it takes away from the "interesting" bit, by having seen the mission in ME before flight...

For me I tried both l-39 variants, TF-51 and F86, and fps is a problem on all.

I hope you can make a few new sets with less AI flights, or maybe there is some other solution to the problem :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A quick heads-up. I tested missions 1 and 5 for the Fishbed, and performance-wise they are totally unplayable, even with a rig which is not modest at all. I see I'm not the only one experiencing similar issues. Suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Emolina,

I come back after different journeys far away my home, and now the M2000C is a quite good playable so i would like fly your missions :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174348

But after few tests, every mission i try (Annotated & Interesting) are stuttering. As soon as I'm cockpit, and when i press 'Escape' it's fluid. All missions, every time, are "jerking" . I do not understand why.

Baltic_Dragon's campaign is Ok, training missions are ok but your missions are not.

Yeah, sorry, something changed in DCS along the way. I'm probably not going to be updating the missions any more.

Rooo, I'm Sad.

Too much job to update the missions ?

Maybe could you tell us how you create this missions and maybe we can try to follow your way ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ran into the low FPS problem also in the latest Beta release. I was trying the ME-109 on interesting mission 1 and the fps was "1", So I reloaded everything and tried Mission 2 and it worked ok. It looks like only some missions are causing the problem. Alos Processexplorer seemed to help alot.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• 3 months later...

The placement of units seems to be often wrong on the new Caucasus map where topography has changed. I could imagine that the frame drops are caused when dozens of units are colliding with water, exploding etc at the same time, as I see many smoke columns at the beginning of missions.

But author already stated in the briefest terms that he does not investigate the problems so I would delete the missions, they no longer work.

• 8 months later...

Good news!

Reopening these missions while contemplating making a similar generator myself, I found no fps lag in what was previously a completely useless mission.

I'll encourage people to give these a try once more, as the concept is still awesome, although by now it would be great fun to actually have a generator and use it for some of the newer aircrafts..

back to flying!