JHMCS vs Regular HGU helmet pilot model Option

Spudknocker

Thanks so much ED for all of the work you are putting into Persian Gulf and the F/A-18C! It is so great to finally have release dates!

One thing I wanted to ask about or ask for is can we have an option in the Mission editor to mount or demount the JHMCS visor from the pilot model? Pilots don't wear them 100% of the time and I think they look kinda funny on the Blue Angels skin.

Once again thanks a ton ED!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

• 2 weeks later...

First fix flight suit patches to navy! Then fix flag direction on left shoulder. Then add helmet options for blue angels haha. And if we are doing blue angel stuff.. slight cockpit additions are in order too but man we are too picky. Sorry

• 5 months later...

I have asked Eagle Dynamics, to be more specific their Hornet 3d modeler:

Can we have two types of pilot helmets, standard helmet without JHMCS and the other one with JHMCS equipped? Perhaps as an option in the Mission Editor to choose between JHMCS on and off?

The response clearly denied the possibility of this.

I would enjoy little details like these, which could even affect gameplay.

Older than what? This Hornet is a simulation of a Mid-2000's Lot 20 Hornet which would have JHMCS integrated in production - and the rest upgraded by field mod or during I level maintenance intervals as contracted.

Your scenario therefore must occur within the timeframe in which the Hornet exists as simulated.

Ohh wow! My scenario must occur within the timeframe in which you believe it must? :megalol:

Don't be such an elitist, DCS is a sandbox and developers have said so themselves.

I have asked Eagle Dynamics, to be more specific their Hornet 3d modeler:

"Can we have two types of pilot helmets, standard helmet without JHMCS and the other one with JHMCS equipped? Perhaps as an option in the Mission Editor to choose between JHMCS on and off? "

The response clearly denied the possibility of this.

I would enjoy little details like these, which could even affect gameplay.

That should have been the end of this thread...

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

If our Hornet comes out of the factory as is (with the helmet, AIM-120 operational time era etc) then it is so.

But can our Hornet simulate the previous variants without being OP by flight characteristics etc? Meaning if those advanced features would be removed, that the Hornet would be like the previous variant?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

A customizable pilot would not be bad. As in others play.

Helmet types : Hgu-55P / Hgu-68/p with the option Jhmcs on or off.

Oxygenmask : Mbu-23/P combat edge oxygen mask or MBU-14/p & MBU-12/p oxygen mask.

Visors : Clear / Gradient / Hi contrast / Iridium

Suit : green / tan / black

Gloves : Fingerless gloves

Really ! I would buy it # Micotransaction :notworthy:

And a red pencil in one of the gloves please :music_whistling:

That should have been the end of this thread...

Amen, where is the problem, a server option to block the JHMCS and it's done. Who is able to look at his helmet during a fight or the helmet of an enemy :huh:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do pilots deal with the change from day to night and mounting the NVGs on the JHMCS?

I think NVGs are a built in feature of the JHMCS but I could be wrong.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Oxygenmask : Mbu-23/P combat edge oxygen mask or MBU-14/p & MBU-12/p oxygen mask.

While your at it why not also include Skin color customization, Facial Features option as well as Height / weight options :P

Seriously we don't need to have custom pilot equipment besides option for JHMC Helmet ON/Off in favour of a standard HGU visor helmet since they aren't always worn on every flight.

We are flying a plane and interacting with a cockpit functions in a simulator, not looking at our avatar socializing with other players in a virtual chat room. ( this isnt VR Chat)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yes! Options!