Concerning Number-Pad #5 Default Centered View

DieHard

Where does the centered default view (.lua) script reside for the Spitfire IX ?

Want the out-of-the-box, 1st look, number location values >>> for the Number Pad #5 key.

Setting up views I screwed up, messing up the default state in-cockpit location .

I realize I can reset it.

Where does its location reside in the scripts?

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Default settings for the keyboard are in 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Input\SpitfireLFMkIX\keyboard\default.lua', for the joystick they are in 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Input\SpitfireLFMkIX\joystick\default.lua'.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

No actual position location numbers (x, y, z, etc.) as suggested by this thread Message #2 for the custom Snap Views or the Number Pad #5 key.

When I set a view or want the #5 default position, there should be numbers as to the particular cockpit view, I would think.

See this thread, Message #5 and compare his mod (Message #1) to what is there already. Only one number has changed, bottom of listing.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179501&highlight=default+cockpit+view

Thank you.

Cheers

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahhh I understand, the direction of view from the center of the POV.... I have no idea :music_whistling:

I know you can adjust your head position within the cockpit with RShift+RCtrl+{Num4, -6, -8, -2 (for left, right, up, and down, respectively), Num/, -* (for forwards and backwards)}, and lock to the default POV position with RAlt+Num0, but how you change the actual default angle of view from the POV position, I have no idea.

EDIT: Okay, I did a quick search for View.Lua, and this is probably what you're looking for: 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View\View.lua'.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I now have my new Numpad #5 FOV view the way I want it. If I lose it due to me being stupid (wife likes to call me a heavy-handed meathead when I am all thumbs), I want numbers to establish that same position instead of kind-of-getting-it-the-way-I-had-it...

I have a virgin copy of the Spit, right out of the box sitting in my OpenBeta. I didn't touch it. As a point of reference.

See:

===

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireL FMkIX\views.lua

(I play it safe and just use Notepad to take a look, not Notepad++ )

My Spit I use to custom setup, is on a SSD and that directory is randomly labeled M: , so I should be able to compare the virgin copy to my custom setup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see no difference in that .lua file between the virgin copy and my custom setup >>> the numbers are the same.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Think there is a similar thing in C:\Users\your username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View

The View.lua file there I think gets created when you save views and has an entry for each flyable module. ie the view.lua contains a table of snap views and the default view for each aircraft you own.

Stonehouse,

I think this is what I am looking for.

The default FOV view that I changed is the last entry in the Spitfire category. I only setup the sim version.

The various aircraft type listing is alphabetical.

Notepad++ allows a much better organized look than just the plain Notepad.

Thanks

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]