Question about the SLAM-ER

Nickkerkwijk

Hello, i can't really find out how the SLAM-ER is different from the normal SLAM missile when it is controlled via Datalink. I read that the ER has much better range and is very accurate, and it is also controlled via the same AN/AWW 13 Pod. Does this mean that the ER has the same blurry/bad image quality as the normal SLAM at greater distances?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, the ER should have a much better data link connection. It uses the same DL13 pod, but the transceiver on the missile itself will be much better.

Thanks, happy to hear that :thumbup:

Edited by Nickkerkwijk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not yet. We actually only have the AGM-84E SLAM missile, the SLAM-ER will be added later

I was sad to learn the community ranked it so low in the recent roadmap poll (#10 IIRC). Even the current SLAM is crazy effective, and the -ER will make the Hornet even more enjoyable and lethal.

I was sad to learn the community ranked it so low in the recent roadmap poll (#10 IIRC). Even the current SLAM is crazy effective, and the -ER will make the Hornet even more enjoyable and lethal.

I like to think that people are slowly starting to realise hornet is so much more than a sum of its weapons.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2