DCS version for F/A-18C Hornet

Cotoi

I am well aware this is a pre-order and that is not out yet. I am also aware that most if not all modules are first release in DCS beta before going live on stable version. My question is if anyone know if 1.5.x will be updated to 2.5 and we will have the plane first on current 2.2, or they will just update 2.2 to 2.5 and we will need DCS Beta? I am running 1.5 and 2.2 and just wanted to know If I need a 3rd version to play it on release. Thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

I suspect there will be a Beta version of 2.5, and a release version of 2.5 by the time the Hornet arrives.

By then, 1.5.8 will be obsolete, and the Alpha no longer relevant at all. As I understand it, there will be a gathering of data from the older versions into 2.5 when you install it, which will reduce the download size, and then you will be able to delete or archive the old installs and basically have a completely clean install of 2.5 to work with.

It's all information that has been passed on by ED, so a search will bring up the source docs for this assumption.

1.5.8 gets to stay as is and becomes legacy, just like 1.2.x before it. As not all can or want run the latest 2.5.

2.2 gets to be push away and all users updated to 2.5.

New 2.5 installer comes to replace 2.2 as well.

So in future you get only a 1.5.8 as legacy, and then 2.5 as stable and open beta.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Release DCS 1.5 will be discontinued and moved to legacy/unsupported

Open Beta DCS 1.5 will Update to Open Beta DCS 2.5

New Installer for DCS 2.5 Release

Open Alpha will be discontinued.

DCS:F/A-18C will be for 2.5+, Since 2.5 will be released by end of January.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Release DCS 1.5 will be discontinued and moved to legacy/unsupported

Open Beta DCS 1.5 will Update to Open Beta DCS 2.5

New Installer for DCS 2.5 Release

Open Alpha will be discontinued.

DCS:F/A-18C will be for 2.5+, Since 2.5 will be released by end of January.

I only have 2 installs? How many installs is there currently? I have Open Alhpa and 1.5, do I need the beta so it's not such a huge download? Where do I download open beta from?

I only have 2 installs? How many installs is there currently? I have Open Alhpa and 1.5, do I need the beta so it's not such a huge download? Where do I download open beta from?

There are currently 3: Release, Beta and Alpha.

I wouldn't bother downloading the beta now as within the next 12 days this will consolidate into two builds when 2.5 is released.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

You download the open beta at the same place you downloaded your other 2 versions, the digitalcombatsimulator website

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days