TM warthog/profiles

thrustvector

im really having a problem with setting up this now, whenever I use the throttle is banks me left or right, so into the options and find the setting on axis has been turned on again, so delete and save profile, fine for the first play, then resets if I change plane using the same profile.....arghhhhh.

it seems to me that the setting procedure could be easier as well, if save and load was always available, and you didn't have to find the folders to save too and load from, it was just put in the right place by the system.

is there something I'm doing wrong here or are the sticks a bit of a pain to set up?

all fc3 stuff is essentially the same, but I need to do bs2 and my viggen now

It takes a while to get used to the fact that every aircraft in DCS has its own separate controls configuration ... but its actually better that way, as you can fine tune on an aircraft by aircraft basis .... when you go back to older sims with a "one config fits all" philosophy you will miss this flexibility.

The configurations are saved on your "User\saved games" folder, so if you backup your stuff when changing computers or reinstalling windows, you wont miss them ... they should be right there.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I seem to get a constant prob, I save or modify a profile and save it, as soon as I go into flying the plane its all wrong and my settings aren't saved, even when I try to re load them, as you have a throttle and stick profile they seem to just use both and mix them up so throttle up does the rudder at the same time.

the aircraft nearly always flys to one side as well, do I need the Target software?

right just gonna add this in case others have a problem, I'm sure its somewhere on the forum but it took me ages with my weak search fu to find.

first off thinking I had a problem with the throttle I used the TM throttle calibration tool, which totally messed up the throttle to a degree I thought was broke.

after 5 attempts each one different using the same tool I got it to work again, so.....if it aint broke....if it does the job look elsewhere for problems.

as dcs saves throttle and stick info separately, make sure you highlight the column you're working on and want to save too, i.e throttle or stick, as doing complete profiles will totally mess you up, and not only have duplicate entries, but sometimes defaults.

now the long process of doing it all again......

The control setup for this sim is unique and problematic initially. I'm a longtime Cougar and Warthog user and after 19 years of Falcon 4- I'm used to a profile. Best advice for this sim is to NOT use a profile.

1) go to axis commands for the aircraft you are initially going to learn (recommend MiG-29).

2) for every USB controller you have the game will assign the same axis commands to all, so begin by removing the excess axis commands- ie removing X, Y, and rudder axis from your throttle and MFD controllers.

3) place your axis on the controllers you want- then set their custom axis curves. then SAVE and overwrite the default.

4) set your button commands for your HOTAS.- I recommend reading the manual and learning about the different brakes and taxi/turn controls for your aircraft.

5) Learn to use your trim! Especially for the Russian birds!

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk