Custom Cockpit for CA

Robin_Hood

Hi, I have a question/request. I am trying to create a custom "cockpit" for a Combined Arms vehicle. Unfortunately, the GT.WS[ws].cockpit= call in the unit.lua expects a file path inside the Combined Arms folder. I have been unable to redirect it to a mod in the Saved Games folder.

Just to be clear:

GT.WS[ws].cockpit={current_mod_path.."Cockpit/custom_cockpit"} and the likes won't work, because it will search in DCS World\Mods\tech\Combined Arms\C:\User etc...

From what I can tell, it is impossible to point to the right directory from there.

Also, yes, I have been able to make it work with a mod in the game directory, using a clumsy "../../../../"..current_mod_path.."/Cockpit/", but I think it is preferrable to have mods in Saved Games (also encouraged by ED).

It would be great if Eagle Dynamics could make it so that the .cockpit call doesn't look directly in combined arms. Or if there may be another solution, either readily available or provided by ED, it would be great.

Custom_CA_Cockpit.thumb.jpg.9ba5adb8c0300cb33c95cb1f46f697b5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi

Since the new stable update (1.5.8.xxx), mods will apparently only work when placed in the Saved Games folder. This was not unexpected, but it highlights the problem I mentionned here. My custom cockpits for CA do not work anymore, because they had to be in the game's directory.

I have still not found a workaround. I would really like a word from ED on this, even if it is to say that they do not want custom CA cockpits to be possible.

if order for any "mod" to be placed within the DCS World Folder it will need to have a .manifest, otherwise the sim's security protocol will block it from loading.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Got it. The way I did it was more of a workaround anyway. What would be really great would be that the cockpit= function doesn't default in the CA folder.

This would not bypass CA entirely, as the module would still be required in order to take control of the unit, so I think it would be something nice to allow.