DCS and Pimax

Wags

Listen, the point being made is whether the actual device is overpriced or not. Sure, you can buy anything at any price - earning enough has absolutely nothing to do with it, but this is obviously beyond some members of the community - and that's their problem, not mine, so goodbye and have a nice weekend.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

If your not scared off, the site works now. Initially, my cc was declined I had to confirm to chase my purchase was legit. I would have passed after the initial frustration but the F-14 calls.:doh:

Ps. They didn't charge for shipping.

Edited by Nascar

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Do I need to use a base station with the 5k ?

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ! Just ordered my 5K - ordering process was pretty straight forward today. I recommend using PayPal, especially to overseas vendors.

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys any thought about the 5kBE?

They continue to say it was developed for business and that it is inferior to the 5k+ and 8k, they say the sde is inferior to the others and it has ghosting and other issues...

Why do they even sell it? And at a higher price even?

Does it make sense to you?

To me not so much...

They initially kept it secret and then they screwed and in some way its existence leaked, and after it leaked they said that they would make it available to bakers at an additional cost.

I start thinking that they kept it relatively secret because if backers all wanted it, it would be a greater cost for the company.

I read a post on reddit of people trying it in the last meet-up and they were sayin:

Better colours

No ghosting or other apparent problems

True that the sde is worse than 5k+ but only slightly and still better than vive pro and Samsung odissey.

I wrote this post simply to ask for others thoughts and impression

Just trying to decide which is best to buy.

Thanks ! Just ordered my 5K - ordering process was pretty straight forward today. I recommend using PayPal, especially to overseas vendors.

5K+? Or maybe all 5Ks are 5K+ versions now?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Do you guys not find it just a little odd?

If I remember correctly Pimax was not going to open ordering to the general public until after all Kickstarter Backers orders were filled.

AFAIK none have really been filled yet? And now they are starting a new round of orders?

Sorry don't mean to be too skeptical just in my nature I guess.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah, if they can't do the simple things, they won't be capable of doing the complicated things. It has been funny reading all their updates this year as the development was basically cratering. "Hello Futurists! Everything is going great. We can't run it using a 1070, the FOV isnt actually 200 FOV, we can't quite run at 90 hz, the 8k which isn't an 8k or even a 4k is worse than the 5k, which isn't a 5k, but things are looking great. Not much more delays! Maybe a year! You can smell scents soon!"

No thanks. If it's just the FOV, well, someone else will be able to crack that part soon.

I don't know anythinng about VR , or Pimax , but that was good:)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Do you guys not find it just a little odd?

If I remember correctly Pimax was not going to open ordering to the general public until after all Kickstarter Backers orders were filled.

AFAIK none have really been filled yet? And now they are starting a new round of orders?

Looks like it's pre-ordering from what I see. Pre-ordering usually means that orders are not shipped right away as they are likely not ready. Curious what the lead time is for those pre-orders...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sorry, just new to this thread and haven't looked at previous 91 pages much!

Can someone please answer the following basic questions:

1) I currently have the Rift with 2 touch controllers and 2 sensors. Can any of that be used with the Pimax 5K/8K?

2) are any sensors needed to use Pimax with DCS?

3) will a headset be necessary with the Pimax? No built-in audio like the Rift?

4) will the 5K/8K work with DCS out of the box after they are released?

Thanks.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1: No.

2: Yes, will need also the Vive Base station and Lighthouse tracking

3: Not real sure, I believe it has built in audio.

4: I would think so, as some backers/reviewers have shown it with DCS.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

if one make $800 a month' date=' he probably better sit and study, find a better job/profession or whatever to make more rather than wasting time/money on playing games or complaining how expensive a top notch gpu or newely developed technology costs.[/quote']

And of course be lucky enough to be able to live where such knowledge generates a good income. Not so easy in e.g. Belarus or in your home country, is it?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

3) will a headset be necessary with the Pimax? No built-in audio like the Rift?

A audio headset will be necessary. The Pimax has no built in solution. Later there will be a kind of deluxe audio strap as for the Vive with audio included.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

1: No.

2: Yes, will need also the Vive Base station and Lighthouse tracking

3: Not real sure, I believe it has built in audio.

4: I would think so, as some backers/reviewers have shown it with DCS.

1: no

2: you can get 3dof without base but it will not be as good as a base station. you can get by with 1 base station for seat and front facing games

3: it has an audio jack for your headphones. a deluxe audio strap with phones is in the works or you could buy a vive deluxe strap

4: DCS is working but still needs Brainwarp (think ASW-like) to be finished. ED devs are working on optimizing as well I believe, but it will be a pig to run any busy scenarios and a top notch rig will be required (at least a gtx 1080ti and intel 8700k)

Time will tell how much they can improve the situation. Remember we didn't have ASW for months after retail Rift shipped. Things will improve (hopefully)

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

A audio headset will be necessary. The Pimax has no built in solution. Later there will be a kind of deluxe audio strap as for the Vive with audio included.

For me, this is a dealbreaker until they get built in audio.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

For me, this is a dealbreaker until they get built in audio.

Yeah that would be for me also.

Don B

I will put Pimax on hold for now. Maybe it is the best headset now on market but it is still far away from the finalized product. 5K+ with tracking and audio will cost minimum 1200$. Finalization of the software is questionable same as performances comparing with Vive Pro/Odessey+ which is full finalized products software or hardware. Brainwarp is right now more Brainwash than proper working ASW and without it DCS is unpayable. For running DCS on 5K you need reduce details on minimum to reach minimal playabitity.

With Pimax is much question unanswered and even false specification published. 8K will cost 1500$ and it will be the worst product than 5K+.

This what Pimax doing right now is complete nonsense so I will not pay them in advance based on deceptive information like for example promoting 8K as full RGB when it is obviously not a case.

Edited by wormeaten

5K+ ordered.

The no headphones thing is a plus for me, I don’t want any cost included into the price for the trash headphones I’d never use anyways...would much rather use my HiFi headphones, as I’ve always done (first thing I did when my Rift arrived was take the headphones off).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The only thing that keeps me from ordering right now is that it could be a lot of time before they actually ship the pre-orders.

They said they will ship the preorders after all the backers headsets are shipped.

Whilst I think this is right, I’m discouraged by the amount of time they are taking to produce and ship to backers right now.

5K+ ordered.

The no headphones thing is a plus for me, I don’t want any cost included into the price for the trash headphones I’d never use anyways...would much rather use my HiFi headphones, as I’ve always done (first thing I did when my Rift arrived was take the headphones off).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each to his own, but, in my opinion, the Rift headphones are surprisingly good quality and nicely integrated. For me, the last thing I want after strapping a big piece of plastic on my head is to put another big piece of plastic strapped over the top!

Each to his own, but, in my opinion, the Rift headphones are surprisingly good quality and nicely integrated. For me, the last thing I want after strapping a big piece of plastic on my head is to put another big piece of plastic strapped over the top!

Yeah me too, I replaced my default Rift over ear phones early on with the Oculus Ear Buds (in ear), got better amplification and sounds pretty good.

I have a set of Sennheiser headphones and I find my Oculus just as good in sound quality really.

Don B

Could not resist, placed order for 5k+ with the hand tracking.

I know at some point, people were taking about having your hands tracked and interacting with the cockpit switches with your "finger". Are there any ways of making that work currently?

I am hoping as DCS have kind of declared they will support pimax, that it will eventually work. Same for wrainwarp.

ill agree , i have the pimax 4k which has its only headphones that plug into it and the strap passes through them, sound quality is great and the comfort is better then anything else ive tried, but they didnt include a microphone on the 4k for some rediculous reason so i use some raser headphones which are great but its an extra cable to the pc.

Pimax audio strap is coming and if their built in mic is any indication it could be quite good.

Or you could just attach the Vive Deluxe Strap

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+