Hurricane

Coxy_99

Normandy... 1944.... Nope.

Now a Typhoon?

typhoon-rcaf-sqdn-occupied-europe.jpg?w=830

Yes please.

Tempest V would be much better. It was the aircraft the Typhoon was supposed to be but did not make it. IMHO, the Tempest V was the best Hawker Company aircraft that saw combat in WW2 and it would be great to see a DCS salute to the Hawker Company by modelling the Tempest V.

P.S. I think the Typhoon could possibly be a contender for the title of the worst RAF aircraft developed and put into combat during WW2. I love all aircraft though, so I am sure it would be fun to fly in DCS, its just that it would be nice to get the best aircraft Hawker developed in WW2, rather than the Typhoon.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I do agree that it wasn't particularly successful from a fighter point of view however as a ground pounding it was very good and we NEED it in a Normandy map.

I would love to see a Tempest and a Hurricane :D

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I could have sworn the OP was talking about the Hurricane. How on earth did it drift so rapidly to a completely different airframe, and not a single reply even touch on it?
ED forums? :lol:

Even non "aircraft request" threads turn into requests every now and then, a proper request thread can turn into... anything :D.

S!

P.S.: yes to all, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Tempests... want all of them into DCS :thumbup:.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Hahaha its ok im pretty sure the hurricane was used out in Africa, I should really do some research.

Edit: It was actually used in the evasion of Normandy so why not in the Normandy map? Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hurricane http://www.dday-overlord.com/eng/hawker_hurricane.htm

The Hawker Hurricane is a British single-seat fighter aircraft of the 1930s-1940s that was .... From early 1941, the Hurricane would also be used as an "intruder" aircraft, patrolling German airfields in France at ..... Storrar flew No 1687 Hurricane to deliver priority mail to Allied armies in France during the Normandy invasion.

Although later variants were carrier based. It would also sit nicely along with the Spitfire also.

Edited by Coxy_99
  • Like 1

Sorry I didn't mean to be an ass, I would rather ED and co concentrate on aircraft that had a big role in 1944 before they move on to other theatres ;)

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Sorry I didn't mean to be an ass, I would rather ED and co concentrate on aircraft that had a big role in 1944 before they move on to other theatres ;)

Agreed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

A typhoon would be perfect for 1944 as just about all the faults had been ironed out bar the fumes getting into the cockpit. One pilot quoted this in his report : ' the typhoon could overhaul even the vaunted fw 190 like a train and any attempt to turn or climb merely shortened the process as the typhoon could out turn the 190 on the deck, with 5 degrees flap selected the typhoon could pull extremely tight high speed turns where as the fw 190 if its pilot attempted to match this performance had a nasty habbit of stalling and flicking in the opposite direction to the turn which was invariably fatal at sea level.

I think as this aircraft pulled the german war machine to pieces towards the end of the war it is as deserving as any other to be in the 1944 line up.

Some love for the Hurricane.

"Tin opener"

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Very much agree with the sentiment regarding concentrating on 1944 aircraft.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

That sounds great, but so far I see only late war and Pacific theatre modules - only the Mk IX snugly fits the Normandy campaign, and that was being replaced in front line Squadrons at the time too!

But hey, we're still off the OPs topic!

I'd love to see a Hurricane, but it needs either some early war opponents, or some exotic armament to make it a commercially viable module I suspect.

VEAO has plans for the Hurricane Mk I & II and the Typhoon down the road,if their still planned.

The Hurricane that we are looking at is a MkI currently. The model is almost done but its down our list for release candidates.

News in 2018 most likely, along with Seafury and Wildcat.

Pman

The Hurricane that we are looking at is a MkI currently. The model is almost done but its down our list for release candidates.

Pman

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Pman

Nice, does that mean the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial pack is coming along nicely?

P.S.

When will we learn about the 2017 News :music_whistling: :D I hope you realise I will be hounding you all over the forum for news :detective:

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

Nice, does that mean the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial pack is coming along nicely?

P.S.

When will we learn about the 2017 News :music_whistling: :D I hope you realise I will be hounding you all over the forum for news :detective:

And that E4 :)