DCS and Pimax - Page 43 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 11:13 PM   #421
///Rage

Reputation power: 35
///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all

I think he means resolution rather than the "5K" pimax device.

www.51bisons.com

51st TS 96.43.128.170
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:01 AM   #422
PiedDroit

Reputation power: 13
PiedDroit is just really nicePiedDroit is just really nicePiedDroit is just really nicePiedDroit is just really nicePiedDroit is just really nicePiedDroit is just really nicePiedDroit is just really nicePiedDroit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
If you can run DCS World with an Oculus Rift, at a pixel density setting of 1.7, you should be able to run the PIMAX 8k.

Currently at 1.7 pixel density we have a resolution of 3672x2040, which makes 7,490,880 pixels.

At a combined resolution of 5120x1440 the PIMAX 8k will run 7,372,800 pixels.
On the higher FOV picture, there will be more objects to display, so at equal resolution, I assume the performance should be worse with the higher FOV.
PiedDroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #423
Frusheen

Reputation power: 6
Frusheen will become famous soon enoughFrusheen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedDroit View Post
On the higher FOV picture, there will be more objects to display, so at equal resolution, I assume the performance should be worse with the higher FOV.
That’s my thinking as well. The increased FOV means doing a comparison to rift at 1.7pd doesn’t work as it doesn’t account for the additional 3D objects.

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...51#post2733051
Frusheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:25 PM   #424
dogbite

Reputation power: 6
dogbite will become famous soon enoughdogbite will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedDroit View Post

No doubt. The question is how much of a trade off? Will the added quality of the panels and fov make them worth it? Until we get early testers feedback, much of it is guesswork. Too many unknowns. The overhead of the BrainWarp software is a biggie. What is the cost of upscaling a 1440p signal to 4k and projecting it to two separate 4K panels in alternating fashion (one panel on at a time)? How polished is the ATW/ASW type software? We have never seen this approach before so we must wait for the "very large lady to sing" before drawing any final conclusions and at least until early tester get them before we even get a good idea.
I5 6600K @4.4, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, Oculus CV1 (2sensors) 16 gig, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers/110 watt Sony amp.
dogbite is offline   Reply With Quote