Help on understanding Ai

Dark_Slime

Hello,

I might have 60-70Hours on DCS and i am willing to improve my skill on the simulator.

I will soon have a friend to play with on multiplayer but for now i stick to offline play, but really struggle against some Ai and this for a few reasons:

- It seems to me that between two updates, Ai's will change their behaviour and i cant get rid of the feeling that my wingmens are gettind dumber and dumber to the point they sometimes ram themselves on the parking

- On the other hand, the Ai's i fight tends to be either really idiot when it comes to decision making like some f5 running head down into my EM missiles, never cranks, never doubles missiles etc...

and either overpowered like the f5 that can lock you whatever they are doing (locking the f5 radar is a pain in the ass i belive) they sometimes even shot me with an aim-9 at a range even my r-27 was not at a good range to be shot (and if you ask, yes i was cranking as i would do agains a potential fox 1/3 attack)

Of course, they ALLWAYS flare my IR missiles. (tho its funny to see them pop the flares as soon i press the launch button)

I can handle the fact the ai have a simplified flight model (they would really suck otherwise) but seriously, i really dont know what to do against aim-9 shots (and locks) at 10Nm or more.

Could someone explain me what in the hell i am doing wrong? Im not stupid but there i am stuck... Thanks in advance :)

PS: I have like no problem to kill an ai in a bvr fight facing fox-1 and fox-3 but i can never beat an ai using only fox 2... (unless i have fox 3 with me)