F-14 Gameplay live today "this Saturday evening" (no clickbait)

GrizzlyBear83

omg omg i cant wait :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Does anybody know if they have developed a pilot body for the Tomcat? I did not see one in the livestream, and is it a planned feature if it’s not developed yet?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Great streaming, can wait for the release!

The chat was cancerous though, people complaining all the time about everything: missed refueling, VR, comms, CAS, landing. Next time disable it (if it's possible) and use reddit / normal posts for Q&A.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

The chat was cancerous though, people complaining all the time about everything: missed refueling, VR, comms, CAS, landing.

True .. it was so sad to see .. I could never be a DCS developer .. treated like this I would give a piece of my mind to every whiner out there, then just quit and then go work on a big IT company with probably higher salary and never having to meet a gamer user again ever :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It would be funny to watch everyone's first few flights live so we can critique it.

I thought it was great. it shows they have been busy working on it, not playing it. they all knew the plane pretty well but it has quirks and a learning curve. all in all it was a successful mission played live, not a chopped up, edited, polished youtube video.

i cant wait for the release...

Short range Phoenix FTW!!!!! (@1:33:00)

DCS WISHLIST: F4U-4, A-4M, A-1H(AD-6), OV-10A

I much prefer this style of PR over the trailers. Something with a bit of meat on it! Though the only thing I would change for the next one is maybe just focus on one section of the flight at a time rather than the split screen? Other than that was 10/10!

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

I didn't watch all of it, but I liked it, in part knowing that it was a way for the team to get together and have a bit of fun, too. Kill two birds with one stone. I would also like some short instructional videos, like ED has for the hornet, so we get a mix of promo content. Variety is the spice of life.

But most of all, I want to open the cage and let that bird fly! And if the paint kit template gets released in the meantime, so much the better :)

I think a more instructional video would have been better, preferrably narrated. Some pattern work, a carrier landing, and/or a Phoenix shot perhaps.

Agreed, I expected some narrated video showcasing the cockpit and startup and so on.

It was rather long while effectively not really showing that much more information than was seen from some cockpit shots given in the trailers.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

This was awesome!

Oh as regards the complaints, HB have enough on their plate just getting the first of the Cats out the door. They are still a small team, and producing a video with editing, narration, etc. is just too time intensive. Im thankful we even got this little tidbit, TBH I wasn't expecting anything at all before early access.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.