Today!! Hornet updates?

skoner

Okay, guys (and girls),

I spent an hour last night trying to figure out the key bindings problem. I think I have it understood now. The correction should be about 10 to 15 minutes of your time if done as I did (eventually) last night.

Keep your bindings as they are. Do the update. (It's short this time.) Enter the sim and go to the key bindings page. Go to the Hornet. (I don't know if the other planes/helos are affected because I'm too busy flying to learn the 9-line.)

You should see quite a few mappings that are brown (red?) coloured. Change these to what you want them to be.

Exit normally from DCS.

Do a repair.

Reload DCS and, voila, your key bindings should all be okay and there shouldn't be any more brown/red mappings (unless you didn't change the ones still brown/red.)

This worked for me.

The radar seems to be doing quite well for me. Unfortunately, when undesignating, the TDC cursor still snaps back to the upper left. Other than that, everything works as it should so far. The B-sweep has been reported as being glitchy by stopping. I've seen it but it was rare for me even before the update. As of last night, I spent a half hour playing with the radar, lighting up a tanker off and on. No B-sweep glitch.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Okay, guys (and girls),

I spent an hour last night trying to figure out the key bindings problem. I think I have it understood now. The correction should be about 10 to 15 minutes of your time if done as I did (eventually) last night.

Keep your bindings as they are. Do the update. (It's short this time.) Enter the sim and go to the key bindings page. Go to the Hornet. (I don't know if the other planes/helos are affected because I'm too busy flying to learn the 9-line.)

You should see quite a few mappings that are brown (red?) coloured. Change these to what you want them to be.

Exit normally from DCS.

Do a repair.

Reload DCS and, voila, your key bindings should all be okay and there shouldn't be any more brown/red mappings (unless you didn't change the ones still brown/red.)

This worked for me.

The radar seems to be doing quite well for me. Unfortunately, when undesignating, the TDC cursor still snaps back to the upper left. Other than that, everything works as it should so far. The B-sweep has been reported as being glitchy by stopping. I've seen it but it was rare for me even before the update. As of last night, I spent a half hour playing with the radar, lighting up a tanker off and on. No B-sweep glitch.

I've done that, and still not working

Well that´s a very unrealistic expectation for DCS LOL... to me even 2019 is very unrealistic expectations ;)

Come on, there´s nothing better out there so chill or just play something else while they improve the module you like to your expectations ;)

Besides still LOADS of old modules that are grate fun!

Lets stop "whining" for what we can´t do and lets start enjoying what we can do ;)

P.D: Yes I also get frustrated some times with how things are...

All this was fixed in this patch:

Hotfix B-sweep no longer renders outside the radar tactical area.

Corrected the drag value of TCTS Pod.

TDC cursor position maintains location after target breaks lock.

Aerial refuelling Instant Action missions have been corrected.

B-Sweep no longer hangs when radar loses lock. This issue is still being worked on for an undesignated button break lock.

The controls issues are due to us starting to standardize and clean up the controls and how they are done in the sim, it makes for some extra work now, but down the road, it will be easier to have controller-based profiles supplied with the sim, that assign most controls for you, as well as have auto settings that make more sense and not so daunting.

No rollback is required, also this is Open Beta, if you don't like things like this, that can come with little to no notice, it's better to stick with the release version.

You're right, I jumped the gun by stating that the entire patch wasn't observable. But the radar is still suffering from the same issues as it has been, hence the question about rolling it back until it's in a better state.

Also, if you're going to make changes, please include them in the change log. Nothing is more frustrating that crashing into a fence on take-off because pulling back on the throttle magically stopped working and wondering if my HOTAS has gone bad.

Well that´s a very unrealistic expectation for DCS LOL... to me even 2019 is very unrealistic expectations ;)

Come on, there´s nothing better out there so chill or just play something else while they improve the module you like to your expectations ;)

Besides still LOADS of old modules that are grate fun!

Lets stop "whining" for what we can´t do and lets start enjoying what we can do ;)

P.D: Yes I also get frustrated some times with how things are...

I really don't mind how long a plane takes to develop but I would have liked to have known before my $/time investment. As you said quite correctly, there are many other finished planes to fly.

I didn't realize how development worked as I've spent most of my years flying the less realistic FC3 planes and they came pretty finished out of the box, so I expected similar with the F-18. It's a nice plane to fly around and navigate even under development.

Edited by fitness88

Minor improvements on already existing systems.

I wouldn't call a completely new Flight Model a minor improvement...

And remember, all planes in FC3 are further developments of the LOMAC planes. They got new 3d models, flight models, improved/reduced avionic capabilities over the last 15 years.

But i'm optimistic and hope we have the FA-18 with most of her features complete by the end of 2019.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I wouldn't call a completely new Flight Model a minor improvement...

And remember, all planes in FC3 are further developments of the LOMAC planes. They got new 3d models, flight models, improved/reduced avionic capabilities over the last 15 years.

But i'm optimistic and hope we have the FA-18 with most of her features complete by the end of 2019.

I wish I could have as good an appreciation for flight modelling as I do for nav, radar, communications, weapons etc. Probably I'm not a good enough pilot.

Look forward to 2019.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by fitness88

I did the following to get back to my own bindings (HOTAS WARTHOG) for the hornet:

1) Keep your bindings as you made them in the sim before the last update

(in my case stored: CWIN (7)/Users/Rob/saved games/DCS.openbeta/config/Input/FA-18C_hornet)

2) Next step go the map DCS Openbeta/Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C/Input/joystick: you will find several lua files. Keep the default.lua in that map and back up all the other you will see in another map or map created by yourself: I made a made called joysticknew. I put these files into this created map:

Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua

T.16000M.diff.lua

T.Flight Hotas X.diff.lua

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua

TWCS Throttle.diff.lua

VPC WarBRD + MT50.diff.lua

VPC-Throttle.diff.lua

Start the game and your own bindings will be back as they were before the update. Be aware that these other files will be back with all upcoming updates as ED will always update missing files or changed files. So this exercise has to carried out with every update.

The red/brown highlighted bars are gone now. The conflict in the bindings starts when there are more bindings were attatched to one button. That happens with these new warthog lua files in the default.lua are in this DCS Openbeta/Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C/Input/joystick MAP.

Hopes this helps...... For me it did.