Setting proper head position with track ir

Hello

I have a question about how a given planes instruments and hud are intended to be viewed....in other words what is the correct seat position for best view out the window and still have proper view of hud and gauges.

Commercial airliners for example the CRJ 600 has an alignment system that is intended to allow the pilot to properly adjust the seat so the view of the instruments and windows are set as intended by the manufacturer.

If im sitting in the A-10 how would I know my trackir's center position is actually giving me the optimal seat position. I have found the a-10 to be quite picky about seat position when attempting the view the hud usually the compass is out of view and I find myself have to move around a bit to see all the hud items....so I suspect there maybe an issue here.

I just got DCS world. I have DCS a-10c on CD and have been playing with the su-25t as its pretty much the Russian version of the a-10 except so far I feel its an absolutely miserable plane to use. The plane actually handles okay but I cant see out of it...its got 8 pieces of the worst glass between me and the outside (pretty sure they used those glass bricks for showers) and enough canopy pillars to hide a c17 thats 500 feet away the HUD often obscures the A/G gun sight. No fault on DCS here as I suspect this is quite true to life.

With this in mind are there any tricks you guys use to help maintain situational awareness in those conditions? any TIR tricks to help with that?

As for ideal seat and head position for a given aircraft like the p51 , a-10 and su25t is there anyway to make the TIR center button = to the ideal position? I get the feeling the TIR center doesn't account for z ?

I hope that makes sense

Thanks

-Gun

Yes, it's possible to set your own preferred default position, search for "snapviews". Some aircraft like A-10C also have shortcuts for seat height adjustment switch like in the real plane.

In real life (and in VR) those canopy frames are not as intrusive, as you have two eyes spaced some distance apart and usually the frames don't obstruct both your eyes at the same time. With TrackIR you just have to move your head a bit more.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro