Anyone else making maps?

Crunchy

I like the NTTR map but I think it benefits rotarheads more then it does flying jets. Yes, I can get down low in a jet, but it judders for me because of the speed I'm doing and I don't get a chance to see the fantastic sites. I'd really like to see a map similar to the old one to be honest, but without seeing things like buildings sunk into the ground and misplaced.

My ideal map would have green fields, forests, cliffs, lakes and mountains all taken advantage of the Edge engine now, but is there anyone else making these maps? I dread to think I'm going to be waiting years to fly in something like the old map, but that is done twice as good with the new engine.

Maps known to be in development/planned:

By ED

- Strait of Hormuz

- Normandy 1944

By LNS

- Iwo Jima

- Okinawa

- Unkown map for the Viggen (probably Gotland)

By VEAO

- Duxford (test development map)

- North Africa – Tubruq

- Mach Loop – Welsh Valleys

- Falkland Islands

I guess the Mach Loop map will be the closest to your whishes, but I wouldn't expect it to be released before 2018 at least.

The Gotland (if it is true) and Normandy maps should also match your wishes pretty well. They lack some mountains though. The chances are not bad, that the Gotland map (and maybe even the Normandy map) will be released this year.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Also, LNS is doing a map for the Tomcat - undisclosed (but very cold) location, but certainly coastal. Cobra said it will have a significant amount of land. Since there is already a desert carrier ops map, there is a good chance that the Tomcat map will be a bit greener.

The maps by VEAO are reportedly a ways off, they haven't started using the tools yet and they are planning to start work on them in early 2017. Probably going to take a while.

-Nick