Cannon bug for F-15c? Help please.

Wardy940

Hey guys

Just recently got into DCS world having bought a T16000 FCS HOTAS a week ago. Really enjoying it so far. I'll be looking into a more complicated module like the M-2000C or the A-10c soon enough.

Just a quick question as I'm sure I'm not doing anything wrong, but on the mission I'm running at the moment I have 4 F-15 fighters I can use and every so often I spawn in, take off and after, I cannot fire my cannon.

I always have the maximum amount of bullets, 940, but whatever I do I can't use them. It's rather annoying to run out of missiles, have 940 bullets and not be able to use them. Has anyone come across this before that could help me out?

On a side note, every time I try to launch DCS 2.0 it crashes. Anyway to get it working? Would love to try the Normandy map.

God, I don't ask for much, do I?

The missile launch button and the cannon button are different ones. Look inside the keyboard controls and map both on different buttons on the joystick.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I think you may of hit the nail on the head there, sweep. I sometimes forget to put my gear up and just start flying around, I think that's probably the cause. I have got the cannon and and missile launch mapped separately. That also confused me at first.

This sim takes a lot of getting used to, but it's so worth it. Thanks guys

Is your gear up? You can't shoot the gun with the gear down...

Besides that, "C" selects the cannon and "Spacebar" fires it.

Edit: Mirmidon beat me to the post button...lol

How do you disable the 'C' select so that pressing Spacebar will no longer fire the gun?

So once gun mode is enabled there is no disable, no gun mode off? If it can be enabled it should be able to be disabled after all you never know when your gun figure might pull a cramp and you end up shooting down your buddy.

edit: Once cycled back to NAV mode the gun mode will need to be re-enabled once back in combat mode.

Edited by fitness88

you dont need to go through nav mode when you can press 2 to directly return to bvr mode.

pulling the gun trigger will still shoot regardless if you're in gunsight mode or not, as entering bvr mode is the same as switching master arm on.

Edited by probad
  • Like 1