GUNS don't work!

Alpenwolf

Am I the only one having trouble with the cannons?! Every time after complete start up and switching on the cannon switches then reloading the guns I simply still don't get the three red lights indicating guns are ready! I know I'm not doing anything wrong here. So is it only me?

In mission editor I started in midair and the guns were working! Would only mean that I'm missing something but NO FRAKING WAY! I know the manual and the procedures by heart so I sure don't know what's going on...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

And you are sure that you have turned the Master arm on

(ARM GUNS/MSL&CAMR).

(Since air start its usually automatically on i think).

Sure I did! Except for the camera, that one's not needed. But then again with the camera still not working. VERY STRANGE! Frustrating :(

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

No issue with MiG-15 guns here. It's either a procedural issue there, or you should try re-installing the MiG with a fresh set of control inputs.

If the issue is procedural... First, switch them and the sight on using the main power panel, then you need to cock the weapons so you have 3 red lights on the centre console. Finally, the safety cover on the joystick needs to be opened. Remember too that you have a separate fire button for cannons and machine guns.

I will second this. I was about to kick my PC through the wall in frustration before I realized I had to hold the button for quite long.

Yes....you will hear a faint click and the light for the corresponding gun will light up at the bottom of the center panel. It takes about 3 seconds each button. :smilewink:

LOL.....You sound like me at times..........................

Yes....you will hear a faint click and the light for the corresponding gun will light up at the bottom of the center panel. It takes about 3 seconds each button. :smilewink:

LOL.....You sound like me at times..........................

Hmmm... 3 seconds you said?! If that's really the problem I'd just bury my head in the sand. I'll try that on monday when I'm back at my computer. Sounds like THE kind of problem I'm having if so many of you guys have reported this.

Thanks in advance and hope to see you online when BuddySpike launches their Korea campaign :)

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hate to say it, but if you didn't know you had to hold them down until the lights come on, then I suggest you find a bit of time to read the manual.

Oh.......I think it was an honest mistake. All of us have been there at one time or another. Often times I misread something, or I overlook it altogether. Lots of times, many people (myself included) opt to use YouTube to learn some of this stuff. We all know how unwise that can be.

To the original poster: I'm glad if we were able to help you on this if that indeed was the issue.

Hate to say it, but if you didn't know you had to hold them down until the lights come on, then I suggest you find a bit of time to read the manual.

Oh.......I think it was an honest mistake. All of us have been there at one time or another. Often times I misread something, or I overlook it altogether. Lots of times, many people (myself included) opt to use YouTube to learn some of this stuff. We all know how unwise that can be.

To the original poster: I'm glad if we were able to help you on this if that indeed was the issue.

Haha, that's pretty mean, Buzzles :smilewink: I only got the MiG-15bis 5-6 weeks ago. Every module I buy; I always read the whole manual first, then from time to time I go back to doublecheck things. I must've overlooked such a tiny little thing - TWICE! which doesn't really happen to me that often or at all except for this one time. I do all the trainings missions and SP missions and THEN I go to MP. I'm very serious about aircraft simulators. In the training mission regarding the guns you start midair and the guns are already cocked. No hints whatsoever about that either. Now I'm working on SP missions and might be stuck there for a while simply because we have no actual servers for the MiG-15bis vs F-86F. Buddy Spike however are working on a Korean War scenario.

Thanks a lot, Zimmerdylan. You guys were all helpful :thumbup:

S!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments