Perfect stick for A-10C from Thrustmaster?

What makes people so sure DCS: A-10 wont come out until late this year? Have ED made any official statements on this? I thought they just said they wont be releasing info on the next module until FC 2.0 comes out.

Anyway, just want to say, in case Thrustmaster employees reads these forums, that it would be cool if they gave the throttle an antenna elevation angle rotary under the left pinkie finger, like the F-15E throttle. I know its supposed to be an exact replica of the A-10C HOTAS, but it would drastically improve the HOTAS usability if they did include one. Antenna elevation control is an essential part of an air superiority fighter in the BWR phase, and not having it on your HOTAS would be a pretty big handicap. I'm sure most of Thrustmasters potential buyers are not going to invest in the controls just for one sim only, they'll be using it as the main simming device for years to come, and it would be nice with some additional features, like the antenna elevation rotary, to accommodate this.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes people so sure DCS: A-10 wont come out until late this year? Have ED made any official statements on this? I thought they just said they wont be releasing info on the next module until FC 2.0 comes out.....

You have the release of 2.0 and all attendant Rigmaroll which at a conservative estimate will wind down at the earliest Mid 2010.

Then, and Only then, will work proceed in earnest with DCS:Hog and the attendant Beta-Testing of the A10 will start. Now it's not Rocket Science to speculate that a Snowball has more chance of Survival in a Blast-Furnace than the A-10 being released this Year. You have the Beta-Testing/Software going Gold/Marketing Logistics etc etc etc to contend with......Do the Math ;)

That said - What's the Rush? It's All Good!

:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What makes people so sure DCS: A-10 wont come out until late this year? Have ED made any official statements on this? I thought they just said they wont be releasing info on the next module until FC 2.0 comes out.

Anyway, just want to say, in case Thrustmaster employees reads these forums, that it would be cool if they gave the throttle an antenna elevation angle rotary under the left pinkie finger, like the F-15E throttle. I know its supposed to be an exact replica of the A-10C HOTAS, but it would drastically improve the HOTAS usability if they did include one. Antenna elevation control is an essential part of an air superiority fighter in the BWR phase, and not having it on your HOTAS would be a pretty big handicap. I'm sure most of Thrustmasters potential buyers are not going to invest in the controls just for one sim only, they'll be using it as the main simming device for years to come, and it would be nice with some additional features, like the antenna elevation rotary, to accommodate this.

FC 2.0 being pushed back, no further news or updates on it would point towards either a very (very) late 2010 release, but more likely 2011.

I'm not sure Thrustmaster would bother releasing a product that looks solely dedicated to a game before that games release.

You have the release of 2.0 and all attendant Rigmaroll which at a conservative estimate will wind down at the earliest Mid 2010.

Then, and Only then, will work proceed in earnest with DCS:Hog and the attendant Beta-Testing of the A10 will start. Now it's not Rocket Science to speculate that a Snowball has more chance of Survival in a Blast-Furnace than the A-10 being released this Year. You have the Beta-Testing/Software going Gold/Marketing Logistics etc etc etc to contend with......Do the Math ;)

That said - What's the Rush? It's All Good!

:)

+1... what he said

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

+1... what he said

+1 What they said.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm keen for A-10 and all, but I still have LOTS to master with the Ka-50 first.

I want that GAU-8 roaring like any red blooded simmer, but I'm happy knowing that each day they work on it, is another day of polish. DCS: Black Shark set the bar damn high, I want the boys to get this right and then some.

But yeah, I'm still busy with the shark. :joystick:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

FC 2.0 being pushed back, no further news or updates on it would point towards either a very (very) late 2010 release, but more likely 2011.

I'm not sure Thrustmaster would bother releasing a product that looks solely dedicated to a game before that games release.

+1... what he said

Man, ED is often late but NOT that late. FC2.0 will come no later than April: thats because ED has bigger products to work on and FC 2.0 has to be finished soon. No new aircraft (itself the most time consuming task of simulation) will be donne so there are realy no obstacles to accomplish the promise. Final stages of testing have already began.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I hope they all get pushed back to next year... then i can afford a computer to run DCS!

I own it... but i can't play it :(

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

I really don't see much point in having a perfectly exact A-10C stick replica, mostly because we aren't just going to use it for a single sim and not any other.

Sorry, but alot of people disagree with you, including Thrustmaster. Nonetheless, it doesn't have to be thought of as strictly Hog specific. Both the stick and throttle are used in several different aircraft, they just haven't been paired together in anything but the A-10C yet. So... what's unappealing about using a FCS that is an exact replica of some of the most modern and advanced aircraft available? I'd much rather use a well built replica of the A-10C's battle proven FCS than an X52 kind of controller, even to fly the something completely different like the Black Shark.

Anyway, that's what Logitech and Saitek'a new controllers are for; can't us rivet counters have atleast one replica hotas manufacturer available on the commercial market?

Well, the previous HOTAS was based on the F16, so it can't be that much of a bad idea... but this one has a lot more functions that replicate the A10, so it might be a bit more difficult to make it work across platforms (especially with all the switch labeling and stuff).

I could be wrong though.

I just hope they include an antenna elevation knob under the left pinkie finger, just like the f 15 throttle. Would make it much more compatible when the DCS fighter modules comes out.

I hope they don't in all honesty, I suspect they haven't based on the images we've had so far. It'll be nice to have a truly accurate HOTAS for a sim again. I do know what you mean though, for many I suppose a HOTAS you can only really use for one sim is a bit over the top. The only thing I'd say in response is that there are plenty of generic HOTAS set-ups out there, and only one other truly accurate one (Cougar).

Besides, I'm sure TM will make an accurate stick for whatever aircraft features in DCS:Fast Jet when and if it comes.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

If you want this just get a Suncom SFS and you will have just what you want now.

I just hope they include an antenna elevation knob under the left pinkie finger, just like the f 15 throttle. Would make it much more compatible when the DCS fighter modules comes out.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Hey I can see the point in having an A10 HOTAS before any A10 software comes out. I'm getting sick of having my Spaceship X52 (regardless if it works great and has been good to me). Personally I'd use this A10 stick for every sim I fly including Black Shark and Rise of Flight. Using a specific stick for non specific sims is no different than using an X-52 (or any generic HOTAS/Stick) for a specific sim anyways.

It wouldn't hurt anyone to have this A10 HOTAS released and I'd like to have it in my hands sooner than later!

Still no recommended price though, not that it'd stop me buying it even if it turns out to cost more than the X65 (which I doubt it will).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

After the Logitech failure, I really cant wait much longer before i lose my mind. Im grounded with lock on right now. The x52 works ok in DCS. I have high hopes again for this A 10 stick and yes I hope it works wwell with everything else.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

• 1 month later...
You're Confusing LockOn Platinum with DCS:A-10C ;)

LockOn 2.0: Early 2010 (Personal E.T.A. April 2010)

DCS:A-10C: 2011 (Wishing for Christmas 2010)

:pilotfly:

Let's hope you have equal amounts of luck with your guess for DCS: A-10c as you did for FC2! =D

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

This is what i found on a little research on Thrustmasters HALL Sensor technology, which is already used in the Thrustmaster T.16000M

It is a review of the T.16000M Joystick and NOT the Warthog.

But it seems that it uses similar Technology inside.

So i would like to quote the guy who tested the T.16000M :

"It’s just Thrustmaster’s latest, which uses a magnetic sensor to provide extra precision in your controls — 16,000 analog states per axis

I feel like there’s more resistance than on other joysticks, but that just means you have to use more of your arm and probably achieve greater precision.

As far as the 16,000-state axes, I can only tell you that every little change I made was reflected in-game. It seemed very responsive and exact.

At the core of the Thrustmaster T.16000M is a technology called H.E.A.R.T. (Hall Effect AccuRate Technology), which uses magnetic sensors to boost the flightstick's accuracy to 16,000 x 16,000 DPI resolution.

What that means to gamers is that they gain a frictionless controller with unmatched precision and response. "

End of quote.

So far so good.

Thrustmaster promises to even have more precision inside the Warthog

Sounds good doesnt it ?

best regards,

GSG_9_LIGHTNING

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is what i found on a little research on Thrustmasters HALL Sensor technology, which is already used in the Thrustmaster T.16000M

It is a review of the T.16000M Joystick and NOT the Warthog.

But it seems that it uses similar Technology inside.

So i would like to quote the guy who tested the T.16000M :

"It’s just Thrustmaster’s latest, which uses a magnetic sensor to provide extra precision in your controls — 16,000 analog states per axis

I feel like there’s more resistance than on other joysticks, but that just means you have to use more of your arm and probably achieve greater precision.

As far as the 16,000-state axes, I can only tell you that every little change I made was reflected in-game. It seemed very responsive and exact.

At the core of the Thrustmaster T.16000M is a technology called H.E.A.R.T. (Hall Effect AccuRate Technology), which uses magnetic sensors to boost the flightstick's accuracy to 16,000 x 16,000 DPI resolution.

What that means to gamers is that they gain a frictionless controller with unmatched precision and response. "

End of quote.

So far so good.

Thrustmaster promises to even have more precision inside the Warthog

Sounds good doesnt it ?

It does sound good. I think my X-52pro already needs some lubricating.:doh:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p