anyone else notice...? (F-15C in 2.0)

SDsc0rch

F-15C in 2.0 LOOKS..... "different"

i'd say better

almost a brown tint to it

and its easier to see the HUD symbology against the (normally wayyyy too bright) horizon

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

here's a quick video -

directly to the part that matters -

?t=4m50s

looks like the canopy got tinted a little bit huh

nice

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's the new reflector shade on the hud. I like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

Reflections a Bit Much?

The new F-15C cockpit effects look pretty cool in some lighting situations. However, some of this seems a bit much to me. To my knowledge, the F-15C combiner glass on the HUD is not tinted in real life, nor is the canopy. The reflections seem a bit much now.

[ATTACH]158734[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]158735[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]158736[/ATTACH]

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

i don't mind - i like the look actually

yeah, there is some weirdness, granted ----- but i gotta say, i like the direction ED is going 8)

good screenshots - i was flying in NTTR and thought it looked a little "off" so i took a video...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This new "look" has created a major set back for WVR combat in the F-15C. Note my 3rd screenshot above, visibility out the window of the bandit becomes extremely poor in the dusk/dawn hours. This needs to be fixed.

Made a quick and dirty hack to it, for latest Open Alpha branch.

More transparent canopy, to reduce the amount of shadow you see on it.

Reduced the specular on the canopy, so you can see better, when the sun is in that unlucky position.

Navigate to your Open Alpha install's \Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Textures

Backup the F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip file

Then just simply drag and drop the two .DDS files in the attached .rar, on to the F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip file, in your Open Alpha install. And voila.

At your own risk, I offer no guarantee's.

Works here though.

OpenAlpha F-15C canopy.rar

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

not gonna do it - i prefer the darker tint

the horizon get so damn bright you can't read the HUD!

i'm glad they FINALLY did something about it - HUD is actually readable now...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

not gonna do it - i prefer the darker tint

the horizon get so damn bright you can't read the HUD!

i'm glad they FINALLY did something about it - HUD is actually readable now...

Since when has the F-15C H.U.D. ever been unreadable? Did you ever try the HUD color change option? It's there for visibility reasons, though I've never found it necessary.