Low drag bombing in DYK and ANF since last update ...

TOViper

Yesterday I didn't even place 1 single bomb into the target ... music_whistling.gif

Does anyone else have problems with low drag bombing in DYK mode with master mode in ANF position?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

It is on a windy day or what? From my own experience i think you need to make some small compensation, if you strictly follow the reticle, you will miss.

OK, here is my video.

This is the best one of about five to ten tries (didn't count them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbRbs9rQBLU

I didn't touch the altimeter QFE setting (since this shouldn't influence anything due to radar ranging - which can be seen watching the fin).

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I will try a few more angles, and report back when ready. :joystick:

Thanks for your answers so far!

my computer:

• 2 weeks later...

solved

You are right, it seems working pretty fine with steeper dive angles.

Thanks for your inputs!!

Can be closed.

my computer:

I noticed that you unsafe your trigger way ahead of seeing the target.

From what I gather from the manual, and personal experience, when attacking a target using the ANF mode, whatever you have the target reticule on when you unsafe the trigger, will become your target by radar ranging.

Therefore it is important that when you do the runin on the target, you visually aquire it, place the dot over it, and then unsafe the trigger. The computer will now aim to hit that position.

Since you unsafe your trigger so early, I'm guessing the plane defaults back to using triangulation and using the radar ranging to help with that. No wonder you are having trouble hitting the target.

*Edit*

Actually, nevermind. Just doublechecked it, and it seems that indeed, the DYK bombing mode doesnt care when you unsafe the trigger, it will continously calculate the release time for whatever the reticule is hovering over once trigger is unsafed.

Edited by Cruiser18

You're doing the same thing wrong as in this video:

I commented on that one explaining what's wrong:

The reason why your bombs miss is that you're using Bomb Dyk mode, which requires you to do a full 4G pull up. You did not pull up (or not enough at all). What happens in Bomb Dyk is that all the bombs are released really close to each others because it assumes that you're going to release those in a 4G pull-up (the pull-up causes the bomb spacing). All the bomb would therefore simply release before the aiming dot (because the aiming dot is supposed to be midway between the full bomb spacing line, but since you're not pulling up, all the bombs are on the same point).

Contrary to what you heard, the aiming dot is the aiming cue. Just do the 4G pull-up.

If you do not want to do the 4G pull-up, use the Bomb Plan mode (which you can use even on a dive with radar ranging, just without pulling up).

And some more info that I commented on why this is happening:

Basically, in bomb dyk, you should be pulling up for the bomb spacing to work. What happens is that all bombs are being released on the initial point of the bomb spacing.

For example, if your spacing is at 15m, and you have 16 bombs, that means the bomb spacing line will be 15m x 16 = 240 m long. The aiming dot will be the middle of that line. The first bomb should land 120 m before the dot, the last one 120 m passed it. Since you're not pulling up at all, the bombs all fall on that "first bomb point", 120 m before the dot.

As a simple rule: if you're not planning to pull-up, use Bomb Plan (even for dive bombing). If you want to do that pull-up release (for accuracy), use Bomb Dyk.

As a simple rule: if you're not planning to pull-up, use Bomb Plan (even for dive bombing). If you want to do that pull-up release (for accuracy), use Bomb Dyk.

Perfection! I've been doing some tinkering with this, you just saved me a LOT of time!

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

• 2 weeks later...