Cougar throttle question.

Cold_Steel

Hi All,

Didn’t realise there was an actual TM section here which is awesome and I’ve already come across so much great info.

My question is I find formation flying with the Cougar throttle really hard. I find the throttle isn’t very responsive or accurate. I appreciate its aircraft specific and load out specific etc but in general, on most modules, it’s hard to just ‘notch up and down’ a few kts to keep in line with your buddies.

I’ve got a lot of experience in DCS and formation flying with my crew but not a ton of experience with the Cougar. Someone on another thread mentioned the Cougar doesn’t have curves/sat setup and I need to do that?

Anyways thanks all, and appreciate any tips etc.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the Cougar has curves and deadzones and such. You need to install Cougar Control panel all that you seek is in there..

Goto Thrustmaster and get the drivers for the Cougar. get these drivers: 2007_hco_vista_64_rc1.exe..

You need to set compatibility to Win Vista Patch 2 and run as administrator..

Also why don't you just set the curves and such in DCS or do you want the curves for other sims that don't allow curves?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi mate,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve installed the drivers etc on my Win10 system and only fly DCS so more than happy to set curves in DCS only.

Was just asking if everyone else sets curves etc or if each module has curves preset for the Pro Flight models etc?

Also I’ve read in a few threads the cougar doesn’t have any curves setup out the box and that could be my issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk