X45 - Works fine in windows(10), not in DCS?

Bahnzo

Just a quick note, I used this exact same joystick a few years ago to play DCS.

I came back after seeing that Saitek had legacy drivers available for my old X45. So I installed the 64bit drivers and plugged in the stick. Calibrated and all works fine. All axis, throttle, sliders, etc are detected and move normally.

But when I assign the X and Y axis in DCS, they refuse to work. In the "axis assign" section, both axis are shown moved full right, and in game the plane behaves the same. They will move to the left if I move the stick, but it's as if the stick has a VERY small zone, and returning the stick to the middle again shows both axis moved fully to the right.

Throttle works fine, has full range of movement, all buttons and hats respond normally.

Any idea on what is happening here? As I mentioned above, I used to use this joystick just fine with DCS a few years ago, but something either in the game or the new drivers/Windows 10 has changed this.

Still using X45 in both Release and OpenBeta here. Just flew today online with my son. Post your driver version and whatever programming software you are using and I will compare to what version I have.

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets

My dad had issues with his X52. I told him do NOT download drivers manually. It's a USB joystick. Plug it in, Windows will do the rest. Only bother with manual installation of stuff like that if Windows isn't able to recognise it on its own.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I think zhukov might be right, another thing is usb 3 vs usb 2-- seems like I remember something about usb 3 and saitek not working correctly

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets

I tried both just plugging it in and with drivers.

Here's what I've done so far. I first went thru the registry and deleted anything that said Saitek, and then anything with their vendor id (VID_06A3 I think it was).

I then did try it w/o installing drivers, and while Windows Game Controllers would ID it properly, it still wouldn't work in DCS. So I went to Saitek and downloaded the 64bit drivers from their legacy page and installed them (I unplugged the stick first and waited for the install to prompt me to plug them in). I then did the calibration.

It now works properly in DCS, so that's good. The problem now is the SST Programming software refuses to pass along anything I bind to it. ie: I can bind a keypress to a button, save it, load it into the stick using the software and bring up the test function, and nothing shows. I can press keys on the keyboard and see those in the test, but keys bound to the stick aren't being passed.

I run the programming software with a blank profile that somebody came up with that enables the mode switch or pinkie switch to be recognized, can not remember which. But I never use the software to program any buttons. software version is 7.0.2.7 - I just program the buttons in DCS World profiler.

The driver version that I have is 6.0.4.1.

I can send you the blank profile for SST but once you put it in, the pc may crash requiring a reboot if you try to edit it. I have ran it for years. It starts when the pc boots and stays on that profile with no problems. As long as you don't try to select another profile or edit any profiles in the programming software.

I have no problems with the SST software recognizing my buttons. When I press a button on the controller, it will bring up (highlight) that button in the program. The issue is getting whatever is programmed on that button to either be loaded into the memory or passed thru. I do get the Profiler icon showing green when I load something, so it seems to be in there, but a button press doesn't register as what I've programmed into it.

At this point, I'm just using the stick in DCS, and using the pinkie button as a modifier to give me more options. But it's frustrating not being able to use the mode switch on the throttle as it's intended.

Also, at this point I've spent more time trying to get this thing to work than actually relearning how to operate the sim, so I'm done with the SST stuff for now.

Edited by Bahnzo

If DCS recognizes the Mode switch you could use those as modifiers. Mine does but it may be due to the Blank.pr0 file I am using.

If DCS recognizes the Mode switch you could use those as modifiers. Mine does but it may be due to the Blank.pr0 file I am using.

It does the see the mode switch. I've tried setting it as a modifier, but the game doesn't seem to see it as such unless I move the switch first and then press a button.

I think I'm good right now. Using the pinky switch for a modifier seems to be fine, and gives me what seems to be plenty of switches to cover all the HOTAS functions. Once I get a headtracker built, I think everything will fall into place.