Hornet Stick add-on live for Euro

jeffham222

I just preordered one and the total cost, with the cheapest shipping option, for those of us in the US is currently $203.

That actually came out cheaper than what I recently paid for Virpil T-50CM2 grip. I'm hoping to get the WINWING F-18 setup but also love TM stuff as I already have compatible bases (Warthog, FSSB, WarBRD) so it will be quite versatile in my collection.

On the other hand, Realsim is also coming out with their own F-16 and 18 grips. All of the sudden we now have several choices to pick from when it comes to the Western jet grips. This is great because it's been all about the Russian grips until now.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

You should also read carefully my post that you cited first. The other guy compares the buttons and say they are the same just their positions are different. You clearly can't compare 4 way d-pads to digital buttons.

I'm afraid this stick doesn't bring much to DCS and even to the F18. What we need is the F18 throttle with an analog axis for radar elevation, not the stick

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

That's your opinion and i respect that.

Honestly i have a different opinion, sure i would like to have an hornet throttle, but i will get the hornet stick, and maintain my warthog one as well.

The number of buttons are the same. That is what matters for me.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I'm not sure why anyone would make an F-16 stick? That's what the Warthog stick is. What we need is an F-16 throttle.

Because people have different needs and monopoly is never a good thing. Why did Virpil release their own base and grip at all when VKB is making similar things, or why even a second revision of their TM50 base and grip. If newer products improve upon existing ones, there is bound to be someone who will buy them. There are also people who hold grudges against Thrustmaster and wouldn't buy any of their products (i.e. Warthog) but would buy from other companies, etc.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I'm not sure why anyone would make an F-16 stick? That's what the Warthog stick is. What we need is an F-16 throttle.

Because the people that are making it make a realistic F-16 base that is force sensing, like the real thing, not a gimbal. Also because the F-16 grip is slanted forward at the neck unlike the A-10 (but this can be solved for with an adapter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

TM Warthog A-10C Grip:

2x 4-way hat (TMS, DMS), 1x 5-way hat (CMS), Double trigger (2), 1 pickle button (Bomb release), 1 button right side (Master Mode), 1 pinkie button (NSW, Lasing), 1 paddle button (Lever on base) makes for a total of 19 buttons and a 8-way POV Hat (used as a 4-way trim hat).

TM F-18C stick (from the pictures on the Amazon page, as description seems a bit of a copy paste from the Warthog):

1x 5-way(?) hat (castle hat), 1x 5-way(? realistically 3-way) hat (weapon select), Double trigger (2), 1 pickle button (Bomb release), 1 pinkie button (NSW, Lasing), 1 paddle button (Autopilot disconnect), 1 recce event button, 1 additional "weird wheel-button“ best case 3-way (up/down/depress) or worst case simple button for a total of best case indeed 19 buttons and POV hat.

But as it should be a realistic replica, more likely 15 to 16 buttons and a 8-way POV and rather than a total of 4 hats (including POV) basically 1x 5-way and 1x 3-way plus whatever that wheel like thingy beside the recce button is.

I hope Amazon or Thrustmaster goes into details here, what buttons are which, instead of making us wait for the first batches to arrive in the community.

The stick has the following:

Weapons Release, Paddle, NWS, REECE are single press buttons

Castle and Weapons select is 5-way

Trim is 8-way HAT

Two-staged trigger

3-way rocker (The three position is a forward and back rocker (spring back to center, and with depress)

Sorry image is rotated, it keeps going to the wrong way despite my best efforts to get it to be vertical.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207800&stc=1&d=1554138936

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

IMO, The fit and finish of the one on Amazon store looks more premium than the prerelease version. The shaft appears more shiny with better seams, and the mini switch is now gray instead of red. The weapon release and castle switch also have better appearance. I’m liking this based on the looks alone which screams serious adults toy rather than kiddie stuff. It is just a good looking stick but maybe I’m biased toward the F/A-18 grip in general.

Because the people that are making it make a realistic F-16 base that is force sensing, like the real thing, not a gimbal. Also because the F-16 grip is slanted forward at the neck unlike the A-10 (but this can be solved for with an adapter).

Hang on. The stick can be put on a Warthog base. The Warthog stick comes from an F-16. Why would someone buy another F-16 stick to put on a Warthog base? Anything added to the Warthog stick is not realistic to the ZF-16. If you want Force Sensing it can be added to the Warthog base.

I have a Warthog. I'd like an F-16 throttle but I see no sense in me buying another F-16 stick.

Buzz

Hornet Stick add-on live for Euro

Hang on. The stick can be put on a Warthog base. The Warthog stick comes from an F-16. Why would someone buy another F-16 stick to put on a Warthog base? Anything added to the Warthog stick is not realistic to the ZF-16. If you want Force Sensing it can be added to the Warthog base.

I have a Warthog. I'd like an F-16 throttle but I see no sense in me buying another F-16 stick.

They aren’t making it for you to put on your Warthog base, they are making it to put on their base. Try to keep up.

Also, the Viper grip is different than the Warthog on the angles.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

They show a picture of it on a Warthog base. You try and keep up. Why would they bother to make it fit a Warthog base at all?

F16SGRH_2_800.jpg

Because their FSSB R3 base was designed with a Thrustmaster plug/interface so that people could buy their base and use the Thrustmaster Warthog stick, now they have their own F-16 grip it would use the same interface to make it compatible with their own FSSB R3 base and then why not also show a picture of it on a Warthog base just to stop any questions of "will it work on the Warthog base?" for those who may buy it as its an exact replica and/or has better quality buttons that the Thrustmaster grip.

They show a picture of it on a Warthog base. You try and keep up. Why would they bother to make it fit a Warthog base at all?

F16SGRH_2_800.jpg

Because before the grip was ready for production, the base they’ve sold for several years was built for compatibility with the WH grip. Similar to what VPC does.

Clearly, for you owning a WH grip already with no interest in the base, if you don’t a) want more button presses on the grip or b) want their mil-spec version or c) want a grip with the proper Viper style tilt at the neck, it’s not for you.

Pretty simple concepts to grasp.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Warthog mounted on force sensing FSSB is notorious to break. 'Ring' at the bottom of Warthog grip cracks so i'm counting on their grip being stronger.

Tilt is nice also, but you can buy tilted element for Warthog grip in their site for about 60€ which is considerable amount of money.

Personally i really don't like additional movement of their buttons, why someone would need that in replica grip?

BTW. This rotation element in F18 grip can be useful as DLC of F-14.

Warthog mounted on force sensing FSSB is notorious to break. 'Ring' at the bottom of Warthog grip cracks so i'm counting on their grip being stronger.

Tilt is nice also, but you can buy tilted element for Warthog grip in their site for about 60€ which is considerable amount of money.

Personally i really don't like additional movement of their buttons, why someone would need that in replica grip?

BTW. This rotation element in F18 grip can be useful as DLC of F-14.

Shapeway makes that part that's much stronger than the original. I agree that FSSB with the Warthog stick it not the hot tip.

If I was going FSSB i'd get the stick to go with it. How much is that stick? I don't see a price anywhere.

Buzz

You probably never saw the Warthog stick but just from a glance you will see that's it has an additional 4 way D-pad

You are looking only in the appearance, I count the functions (buttons). ;)

Can argue that Tm Warthog "F-16" stick are more practical to use than Tm "F-18" stick, but not that have more functions. We are talking about Thrustmaster sticks, not real thing.

Edited by Sokol1_br

You are looking only in the appearance, I count the functions (buttons). ;)

Can argue that Tm Warthog "F-16" stick are more practical to use than Tm "F-18" stick, but not that have more functions. We are talking about Thrustmaster sticks, not real thing.

An 8 way hat is useless, I wouldn't call them functionally useful 4 buttons if you have VR or trackir.

So yeah, still, it's much less usefull than the F16/A10 stick.

An 8 way hat is useless, I wouldn't call them functionally useful 4 buttons if you have VR or trackir.

So yeah, still, it's much less usefull than the F16/A10 stick.

Infact its useless...but the tm warthog has one and I imagine the tm hornet trim is 8way as well.

Both are seen by the os as 8way pov.

So no difference on this.

As you say the main difference is a 4way hat missing, compensated by a slider (3buttons) and a second 5 way hat (while the warthog has one only) to match the same button number.

But the slider doesn’t exist on the real Hornet stick so they did that only to have the same number of DX presses.

What i can say...i want an Hornet stick, and i will keep the Warthog one.

Probably in the future i will also buy an fssb r3 to have both f16 to the right and f18 in the center.

But for now I will have warbrd base with f18 stick on the center and warthog base and grip on the right.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I can attest that both my father and I have used WH Sticks on FSSB bases for 10+ years and they've worked great. The force feedback has been awesome.

My oldest stick did break about two or three weeks ago but it broke at the shaft when I was admittedly overstressing it in a guns dog fight. That stick was again over ten years old.

We got the FSSB R3 first gen when they were first released and did the upgrades. So whenever that was, that's how long we've been using WH sticks on them.

It's my intention to put the TM F-18 stick on that same base. Can anyone answer the question of which button on the TM F18 stick is button 19? Or the equivalent of CMS center press?

It does seem a bit steep. Though I wouldn't mind having one. I'm using a WarBRD, so would definitely need to know if it would work with that prior.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It's my intention to put the TM F-18 stick on that same base. Can anyone answer the question of which button on the TM F18 stick is button 19? Or the equivalent of CMS center press?

Look at TARGET, F-18 stick is include in their interface.

looks like it sports an extra button and dial compared to the real one, interesting...

The extra button is correct. It's the "Recce Event Mark Switch" on the F-18C and "waypoint increment switch (WINC) switch on the AV-8B."

The slider is "extra" but I kinda like the idea of using it zoom control.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the F-18C and AV-8B sticks is the Trim and Castle are swapped...otherwise the look like same stick. Hopefully, if a person wants they can swap the Castle and Trim switches to model whatever version the desire.

If I get a chance I'll ask next week at the Flight Sim show.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.