Hornet Stick add-on live for Euro

jeffham222

Just saw this...

http://www.amazon.de/Thrustmaster-F18-Hotas-Stick-AddOn/dp/B07S5FC1HS

That's about $223US... I wonder when it will be available in the US...

It'll be more like 200$ in the US, less taxes.

EDIT : Considering it doesn't even come with a base, it'll be very expensive for people who don't have the warthog already.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's ridiculous.

Warthog stick with base can be bought for $200-$240.

Yeah, it seems kinda steep...

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Will purchase as soon as it's available locally in Switzerland. Price is about what I expected from a manufacturer which releases rudder pedals for 500$.

Looking forward to put it on my VPC T-50 mount.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Would it be worth it to just get a VPC WarBRD base and this stick if one doesn't have the Warthog?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hornet Stick add-on live for Euro

Virpil may need to release a new firmware to support this grip first. When you put a Warthog grip on Virpil’s base you first make a profile for it by specifying the type of base and grip (e.g. WardBRD and Warthog grip). Since this grip is brand new it may not get supported right away unless you push Virpil.

But if I were Virpil, I would be more interested in having people buy the T50CM2 grip rather than a competing product.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Considering the fact that VKB and Virpil are selling their top end grips at 160 Euro, the price is not outright crazy (blame the competitions).

I was expecting around 160-170 Euro, but remember this is a Thrustmaster product and they’re not going to sell for less than the competitions.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

That's ridiculous.

Warthog stick with base can be bought for $200-$240.

But Warthog is not an... "F-18" stick. :D

Considering the fact that VKB and Virpil are selling their top end grips at 160 Euro...

And VKB/VirPil don't pay Boeing licences. ;)

Price (in Amazon.de) without EU VAT is 168 EURO ~$187.00

Edited by Sokol1_br

Virpil may need to release a new firmware to support this grip first. When you put a Warthog grip on Virpil’s base you first make a profile for it by specifying the type of base and grip (e.g. WardBRD and Warthog grip). Since this grip is brand new it may not get supported right away unless you push Virpil.

Never used any software for the VPC Base. Works out of the box.

So shouldnt be a problem on the Hornet Grip as well.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Never used any software for the VPC Base. Works out of the box.

So shouldnt be a problem on the Hornet Grip as well.

This has not been my experience with the WarBRD-Warthog setup, with the latest software and firmware.

With the Warthog grip installed, buttons wouldn’t get recognized right away. I had to create a profile per instructions and then uploaded it to the device, plus recalibration.

Considering the fact that VKB and Virpil are selling their top end grips at 160 Euro, the price is not outright crazy (blame the competitions).

I was expecting around 160-170 Euro, but remember this is a Thrustmaster product and they’re not going to sell for less than the competitions.

Only the competition sport way more functionality. A brake lever with analog axis, the flip-trigger etc.

For a massively castrated Warthog stick it's indeed quite a price tag.

Think I'll wait and see what the dynamics of supply and demand will dictate...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

For a massively castrated Warthog stick it's indeed quite a price tag.

:confused:

Tm Warthog (F-16) grip = 19 buttons + POV HAT.

Tm F-18 AddOn grip = 19 buttons + POV HAT.

Same "balls" just in different places. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

TM Warthog A-10C Grip:

2x 4-way hat (TMS, DMS), 1x 5-way hat (CMS), Double trigger (2), 1 pickle button (Bomb release), 1 button right side (Master Mode), 1 pinkie button (NSW, Lasing), 1 paddle button (Lever on base) makes for a total of 19 buttons and a 8-way POV Hat (used as a 4-way trim hat).

TM F-18C stick (from the pictures on the Amazon page, as description seems a bit of a copy paste from the Warthog):

1x 5-way(?) hat (castle hat), 1x 5-way(? realistically 3-way) hat (weapon select), Double trigger (2), 1 pickle button (Bomb release), 1 pinkie button (NSW, Lasing), 1 paddle button (Autopilot disconnect), 1 recce event button, 1 additional "weird wheel-button“ best case 3-way (up/down/depress) or worst case simple button for a total of best case indeed 19 buttons and POV hat.

But as it should be a realistic replica, more likely 15 to 16 buttons and a 8-way POV and rather than a total of 4 hats (including POV) basically 1x 5-way and 1x 3-way plus whatever that wheel like thingy beside the recce button is.

I hope Amazon or Thrustmaster goes into details here, what buttons are which, instead of making us wait for the first batches to arrive in the community.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The buttons included are listed in other threads; Sokol1 is not suddenly taking a vacation from reality. From TM's prototypes it was quite clear they did not intend to lose functionality.
You have a link. Interested to better understand that stick.

Shagrat

You probably never saw the Warthog stick but just from a glance you will see that's it has an additional 4 way D-pad

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

You probably never saw the Warthog stick but just from a glance you will see that's it has an additional 4 way D-pad

The warthog stick and the hornet stick have the same number of dx buttons.

Thrustmaster added some buttons that are not there in the real hornet stick in order to match the warthog buttons.

It was stated many times i don't know why people still fail to understand that.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You have a link. Interested to better understand that stick.
It should be in some of the wags preview about the stick

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

The warthog stick and the hornet stick have the same number of dx buttons.

Thrustmaster added some buttons that are not there in the real hornet stick in order to match the warthog buttons.

It was stated many times i don't know why people still fail to understand that.

The f18 stick has 3 x 4 way d-pad. The Warthog has 4 of them. Tell me where is the 4th dpad on thrustmaster implementation

The f18 stick has 3 x 4 way d-pad. The Warthog has 4 of them. Tell me where is the 4th dpad on thrustmaster implementation

Read carefully what i wrote ... I didn't wrote that they have the same number of dpads but the same number of dx buttons.

The rotary that you see are 3 buttons (up down and press) and the castle hat is a 5 way hat

So here you have the same number of dx buttons

Read carefully what i wrote ... I didn't wrote that they have the same number of dpads but the same number of dx buttons.

The rotary that you see are 3 buttons (up down and press) and the castle hat is a 5 way hat

So here you have the same number of dx buttons

You should also read carefully my post that you cited first. The other guy compares the buttons and say they are the same just their positions are different. You clearly can't compare 4 way d-pads to digital buttons.

I'm afraid this stick doesn't bring much to DCS and even to the F18. What we need is the F18 throttle with an analog axis for radar elevation, not the stick