GPU and CPU usage...

Donut

With the Hornet, I am sometimes seeing my FPS drop into the 40's (mirrors on and looking at another Hornet on the ramp). When this happens, my CPU usage is in the low 70's and GPU usage is in mid 50's...is this right?

I would have thought that CPU and GPU usage would hit 100% in demanding situations that drop FPS. I am not seeing that and in contrast, I am actually seeing CPU and GPU usage near 100% in less demanding situations where my FPS will max at 144.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Check network usage in those moments. Not joking, some users reported a strict connection between sim fps and network usage.

There is no network usage during these situations.

The problem that I see is that my GPU is not compensating for the more demanding situation and FPS drop by increasing GPU usage...what is actually happening for me is that GPU usage and FPS drop are directly proportional to each other when I would think that GPU usage would need to increase when FPS drops.

So after some more experimenting, I believe that I have found the issue...static Hornets, but only with shadows.

My GPU usage drop and 30-40 FPS drop only occurs when on the ramp with mirrors on and/or looking at another Hornet. Away from static Hornets, my GPU usage is 100%, no matter what my FPS is. I found it strange and didn't really know why that was happening and still don't but my investigating did lead me to the real problem...shadows.

With shadows turned off I am running near 144 FPS in the same situations before where I was looking at static Hornets.

Edited by =BJM=