iControl DCS 2.1

Hi! Boarder2

I just bought an iPad2 and downloaded your app (iControl DCS) right away!

Looks great and thank you.

I have a few issues in order to be able to setup properly, can you help me please?

I have Windows 7/64 PC, ipad2 bought recently and DCS A-10C 1.0.0.9.

I also have 3 monitors and tripleHeadtoGo.

I cannot set it up to work the way I want... Yes, I set it up correctly that I still see my normal F1 view on my 3 screens panned normally. Yes, everything works fine on the server-client thing because, I can see the MFDs and I can use the UFC no problem on my iPad.

My concern is : can I do this without seeing a replica of the MFCDs and UFC data on my computer screen? because this is a real drawback... I bought your application so that I can look at the Hud and landscape and have MFCDs and UFC on my iPad2, not sitting stupidly on top of my view (this is very unrealistic...).

When i do your view configuration function: if I dont tick show right (or left) MFCD then, I dont get the annoying MFCD on my main screen, but I dont see it anymore on my iPad (despite the fact that I can control it view OSB buttons on the ipad, but that is pretty useless... If i tick show right or left MFCD then it is great on the iPad, I can see it and control it with its own OSBs but I get those unnecessary MFCDs screens anywhere on my display.

What is the way to go about this, please?

thanks

Jean-Francois

Edited by JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Hi! Boarder2

Unfortunately, it's a limitation of the simulator, not the iPad software or server. *There is no way to get the data from the displays other than exporting them to a monitor directly. *(If you can convince ED to make the displays available to modders via the scripts, I would take advantage of it immediately!) An alternative would be to set up your computer with a virtual display (software that acts as an additional monitor) and export the MFDs and CDU to it.

You can find more information about how to do that here*http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1196165&postcount=42

I don't know if that'll work with a tripple head to go setup, and I do not personally run this configuration, and have never used it. I can't support it, but a ton of people here have gotten it to work and are pleased with the results. Otherwise you can just do like just about everyone else who has a tripple head setup including myself and just tuck the MFDs in the corners, you'll almost never even know they're there.

Enjoy and happy flying!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Hi! Boarder2

My concern is : can I do this without seeing a replica of the MFCDs and UFC data on my computer screen? because this is a real drawback... I bought your application so that I can look at the Hud and landscape and have MFCDs and UFC on my iPad2, not sitting stupidly on top of my view (this is very unrealistic...).

Jean-Francois

You could get Airdisplay, which turns your ipad into a touchscreen monitor that can be used for anything on your comp (internet browsing, going through folders, etc. [also works with ipOd]). After that, you can get Helios, set that up on there, and also export the MFD's to it. I'm not good with helios, and I don't really feel like figuring out how to work all of that crap, but I gave it a shot and came really close, so it's possible, and I've seen it done. That'd be your secodn best bet if you want to have the MFCD's on your ipad. Other than that, we're screwed until ED lets us have the scripts.

• 2 weeks later...

The instructions for operating it need to be an awful lot clearer.

As in... what order to do things, click what and when before what.

So do I start bonjour before searching for servers? Just now my iPad showed a green light when I used bonjour to connect, but my iControl server exe shows no connections. Now, I can't find any servers at all, still have no connections in the server exe and so on.

Just a little confusing mate, as much as I loved working out the complexities of the A10, when it comes to homebrew stuff like this I'm completely hopeless.

DCS 161 (Recce) Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The instructions for operating it need to be an awful lot clearer.

There's room for improvement for sure. I'll work on that before the next release.

The only thing you need to do as far as bonjour is concerned is have it installed. Run the server and set it up via the instructions here http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html#help and here http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html#displayconfig

It should automatically find the server, however a few people have problems with their networking topography that prevents bonjour from working correctly. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about how someones network is set up. You can connect directly to the server by specifying the IP. To do that, follow the instrunctions at the bottom of this page http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html#ipadhelp

If it worked automatically before, you may want to try rebooting your computer, ipad, and network equipment once and try it again.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Deleted my message trail as not fair on boarder that my stupidity might put off potential customers. Am communicating with boarder by email, will edit this post with full issue and resolution once it's all fixed.

Can't wait, this app was the main reason I bought my iPad!

DCS 161 (Recce) Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally got it working! For some reason, Singleplayer worked straight away.

Multi still doesn't display it, but the multi.exe path looks like this ""D:\Games\DCS A-10C\DCS A-10C\bin\DCS.exe" --net-mode gui" would the modifiers on the end be a problem?

Anyway, was just incredible to be able to use the iPad while flying, it's the closest I'll now get to a simpit. The suggested size of 300 by 300 was too small and background movement appeared on all sides so I'll crank the size slightly. Also, occasionally one of the MFCDs will freeze and when I look at my iPad it's dropped the wifi signal.. a quick restart of the app and reconnecting to wifi fixes that.

DCS 161 (Recce) Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally got it working! For some reason, Singleplayer worked straight away.

Multi still doesn't display it...

Doh! :doh:

Multiplayer requires that the server allows client side scripting. By default it does integrity checking on all the files and disables client side scripts so people can't cheat. I believe if you are the one hosting the server, you just need to change the line in (A-10InstallDirectory)\Config\Export\config.lua to true instead of false. However, I haven't hosted multiplayer sessions - or even joined multiplayer sessions - so I can't say for sure.

I'll add to the list of things in the future to see if there's any way I can detect that you're running in multiplayer or that the sim is not connected to the server.

Anyway, glad we were able to get it working. Happy flying! :pilotfly:

I've never been able to get iControl working in multiplayer and the radios still dont work in single player. Havent pursued looking for a fix if there is one out there. Until I saw this thread I thought I was the only one experiencing it. Hoping itll all work when the next update drops.

iControl DCS 2.1 - does it work after 1.10 patch?

Radios i mean...

Officially - no.

Unofficially - I tried it quick yesterday and it seemed to work but I haven't gone through everything yet.

That's good news, Boarder, I must have done something wrong, I tried yesterday after downloading 1.1.1.0 but couldn't get Icontrol to play. Wasn't showing the lights on fault panel and mfd buttons not working.

Will keep trying.

But keeping fingers crossed this will be working soon. Amazing app, can't fly without it :)

Edit : I just thought I didn't update the DCS scripts after updating. Going to do that, and see if that was the issue.

And that was the issue, what an idiot I am :)

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I also noticed that after 1.10 patch radio coms do work, but something is wrong witch central radio console (UHF) coms...Can somebody confirm if UHF radio panel buttons are working ok?

BTW...i never mentioned it earlier, but gret work boarder2 - you made excellent app for ipad!!

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my iPad 2 and a copy of iControl DCS a couple of weeks ago and have my 'pit' set up nicely now. I tried a few different tools to get the job done (AirDisplay with Helios, iPadPit) but ultimately iControl DCS was the easiest to configure and also the best performing (in terms of CDU framerate) so nice job in that regard!

It would be great to see some degree of customization added to the application if you release another version. For example, as you can see in the picture of my setup I've attached below, I have two physical MFCD's set up so it would be nice to be able to hide the MFCD bezels in iControl DCS when they aren't needed or replace them with an RWR or CMSP repeater instead.

I've also noticed that radio tuning is a little hit and miss. I know I should be happy it's working at all now after patch 1.1.0.9 broke it but there's definitely room for improvement. It's very difficult to get the right ILS freqency set because it will often skip certain digits after the decimal. I was thinking an option to choose between the drag input method, or a popup with some numerical softkeys where the desired frequency could be entered might be an attractive option.

Thanks again for the great app! It's well worth the money and if new features have to come with a price tag I'll gladly make another "in app" purchase!

photo.jpg

Edited by AJ.eightFive

I picked up my iPad 2 and a copy of iControl DCS a couple of weeks ago and have my 'pit' set up nicely now. I tried a few different tools to get the job done (AirDisplay with Helios, iPadPit) but ultimately iControl DCS was the easiest to configure and also the best performing (in terms of CDU framerate) so nice job in that regard!

It would be great to see some degree of customization added to the application if you release another version. For example, as you can see in the picture of my setup I've attached below, I have two physical MFCD's set up so it would be nice to be able to hide the MFCD bezels in iControl DCS when they aren't needed or replace them with an RWR or CMSP repeater instead.

I've also noticed that radio tuning is a little hit and miss. I know I should be happy it's working at all now after patch 1.1.0.9 broke it but there's definitely room for improvement. It's very difficult to get the right ILS freqency set because it will often skip certain digits after the decimal. I was thinking an option to choose between the drag input method, or a popup with some numerical softkeys where the desired frequency could be entered might be an attractive option.

Thanks again for the great app! It's well worth the money and if new features have to come with a price tag I'll gladly make another "in app" purchase!

Glad you're liking it! ILS frequency changing seems to be a bug in the sim scripting http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=81456

I'd love if someone were able to shed some light on that.

New version is coming real soon and will have much improved frame rates in the combo view, improved stability, and quite a lot more stuff! Hoping it will be finished and approved before the end of the year.

Edit: That's a real nice setup you've got there!

Edited by boarder2