Any missions with infantry?

Hi Heloheads,

I currently reading Ed Macy`s Hellfire and thought about missions with more infantry involved. Yes, we don`t have a Afghanistan map, and we don`t have broken houses and stuff where they could hide. The infantry AI may not be feasable to make such scenario. Though, for example MBot made a mission (Danger Close) where you have to protect blue soldiers for running over from enemys in a forrest. The JTAC/FAC is calling you how accurate you`re firing is. Same thing in a town would be great, wouldn`t it? I didn`t tried it yet, but RPG soldiers do engage a low, slow flying helicopter in BS?

I know the Ka-50 have it`s limitations without a FLIR.

I thinking about trying something by myself, though some of you guys have much more experience with the ME...

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

In some of my missions I have infantry.

-> Rookie Terrorists

-> VIP

-> Outpost (on friendly side)

-> The Dam (at the end of the mission)

The problem is that the infantry don't want to attack.

If they see an enemy they will lay down on the ground and do nothing...

Before the patch RPG was fireing at the Helo... after the patch... I don't know.

I think your not 100% correct there Dragon.

In multiplayer i have been flying a mission a while ago that had loads

of infantry in large groups. After killing all SAM threads and MANPADS

i strafed the groups of infantry whit rockets and guns.

In the end i had to make an emergency landing cause i had taken to much damage from AK-50 equipped soldiers.

I am quite certain that this was after the patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

No, you missunderstood my posting, sorry.

Yes, you are right. If the enemy is colse enough they will shoot.

But if the enemy is standing still the infantry won't come close enough to fight.

They will lay down on the ground and stay there.

That's my experiences.

Hopefully the simplistic infantry AI will be addressed some time in the future. It's also a bit of an immersion breaker to see them merely stand still like mannequins whilst 30mm rounds rain down upon their positions. They should attempt to take cover or, at the very least, run like hell.

It's not that big a deal at the moment as BS focuses first and foremost on combat against armored targets. It will however be an issue in the case of the AH-64A module. The infantry AI will definitely need some beefing up if that particular module is to take place in either Afghanistan or Iraq as the majority of combat kills by AH-64's in the mid to latter stage of each war have been personnel which are either on foot or in light vehicles.

Also, it'd be awesome if personnel were (assuming they aren't incapacitated) made to exit heavily damaged vehicles and attempt to flee on foot, thus permitting you to chase 'em down and give them an up close and personal introduction to your 30mm. :joystick: