Producers Note #8, when?

EagleEye

• ED Team

The next note will be about the data link, but before it can be created, the radio messages still need to localized to English. Localization is the priority task now and we hope to create the next note once the radio messages are localized. Other localization tasks include GUI texts, mission briefings, quick start guide, and training mission.

The next note will be about the data link, but before it can be created, the radio messages still need to localized to English. Localization is the priority task now and we hope to create the next note once the radio messages are localized. Other localization tasks include GUI texts, mission briefings, quick start guide, and training mission.

thx 4 the update wags! :thumbup:

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=537899&postcount=2107

In the Russia Black Shark release in October 17.

:shocking: What a find! Yesterday I was on the 1C site and the release date was 2008. Now it`s 17. October...

Now we need a official statement...:music_whistling:

Today 1C news: http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgames.1c.ru%2F&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

So if that is geniune what exactly needs changing in localisation?

Localisation to english, for example.;) 1C is the distributor for the russian version.

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Localisation to english, for example.;)

LOL yeah I got that bit :D

It was more what is there to actually change? I am prosuming:

All gui text including mission editors etc

All mission/in game text

Cockpit tags (when you mouse over parts of the cockpit the dev diaries appear to be showing a pop up with the dial or readout your looking at)

Any voice over training/actor speech if there is such a thing in BS

The possible but unlikley:

Radio comms

Cockpit labels on buttons

I hope this has already been done:

The manual, otherwise we will be waiting AGES.

Actually on the subject of the manual if that date is geniune weren't we supposed to see the manual a few weeks before the game launched?

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually on the subject of the manual if that date is geniune weren't we supposed to see the manual a few weeks before the game launched?

Maybe the english manual is not finished yet...;) Do you want a manual with cyrillic letters?:)

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

LOL yeah I got that bit :D

It was more what is there to actually change? I am prosuming:

All gui text including mission editors etc

All mission/in game text

Cockpit tags (when you mouse over parts of the cockpit the dev diaries appear to be showing a pop up with the dial or readout your looking at)

Any voice over training/actor speech if there is such a thing in BS

The possible but unlikley:

Radio comms

Cockpit labels on buttons

I hope this has already been done:

The manual, otherwise we will be waiting AGES.

Regards

Paul

Cockpit-labels have already been translated as you can see in previously released producers notes.

I guess much more work than the translations of the text-messages is probably the translations of the radio-messages, though, and get them recorded in different languages (or at least in English, too).

But if we are at localizing, I doubt it will be long until we get some long awaited news.:thumbup:

On the other hand, I don't give a cent on that release-date, as long as it not officially announced here. According to 1C StormOfWar: Battle of Britain is due to release at the end of 2007 - It's rather end of 2009, though. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the other hand, I don't give a cent on that release-date, as long as it not officially announced here. According to 1C StormOfWar: Battle of Britain is due to release at the end of 2007 - It's rather end of 2009, though. :(

Yes, it`s not official announced here, though look at this 1C news from today(translated via google): http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgames.1c.ru%2F&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

Cockpit-labels have already been translated as you can see in previously released producers notes.

I guess much more work than the translations of the text-messages is probably the translations of the radio-messages, though, and get them recorded in different languages (or at least in English, too).

I see, I have watched most of the dev diaries via youtube and not payed 100% attention as I was at work at the time...shhh:music_whistling:

Are the translating the radio messages then? They didn't do it with LOMAC or FC so I assumed they weren't bothering for this. It sort of adds more realisim for it to be in Russian.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think we can regard this as hoax. If it were to be true, then the russian version would be gold by now and i honestly don't think Ed would have not announced that.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Sorry, my russian kinda sucks. Methinks that would have been interesting for all the english speakers to know as well. Anybody care to translate that? :helpsmilie:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Cool well done, but yeah I would have thought this would be something worth announcing to everyone. Unless they wanted it to pass by silently while they all go on holiday for a few months :D

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]