Rise of Flight formaly known as Knights of the Sky

EagleEye

They just released the Nieuport 17 yesterday. Awesome rotary engine airplane. Now we have a total of 5 high fidelity airplanes: Fokker DVII, Albatross DVa, Nieuport 28, Nieuport 17, and the Spad XIII. They are all awesome!

Check out their website here if you haven't been there:

http://riseofflight.com/

Excellent sim! The visuals range from nice to breathtaking. The fighting is close and the superb damage and physics modeling make for satisfying kills. If you are interested in what the follow-on to IL2 (Storm of War) might look like, this could be it. But...

It still has similar MP issues as DCS. I want a big, open Hyperlobby kind of world but that's not what ROF is. Great nonetheless!

Long Live Russian Sim Developers!

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought it today and love it!

However, I hope not too many will be scared away by their marketing and anti-piracy strategy. I only played tutorial maps so far but everything looks like you can have great teamplay in superb dogfights.

Should improve my overall A2A skills too looking at SoW coming somewhen.

I guess it's great for learning the basics and training teamplay /situational awareness because of reduced speeds

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

• 2 weeks later...

WWI is not my piece of cake, though the FM, DM and visuals are great so I could`t pass this one.

MP is fun, though when a mission is in progress you have to wait until the mission is over to jump in the cockpit. Don`t know if this depends on the mission or is forced gameplay in RoF.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Neoqb released their new patch on friday. It includes a feature to record tracks, as well as some long overdue changes on the GUI. For example, joysticks and buttons can now be mapped ingame and curves can be edited on a graphical interface.

AFAIK you can now also switch teams without leaving the server, but I've not tested this, yet.

Anyway, definitely a giant leap forward - now hopefully they will work on multiplayer-gameplay, add a dedicated server, perhaps, but of course: A real dogfight mode. ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 2 months later...

1.11 patch

Any one else enjoying the great recent update to this?

New graphical effects, rain, bloom etc

New quick mission generator, which is done to perfection.

Game runs better for me too.

Really great support from the developers, I am well impressed.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

• 3 weeks later...

I'm impressed too. They will begin beta-testing a Dogfight capability soon which will add the ability to join a MP server in progress and to respawn. Other than X-Plane it is the most realistic flight simulator I have ever played.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.