Will Patch 2.5.6 include any updates to the F-14?

Belphe

"IF".. we get the 2.5.6 this Friday, is there anything coming regarding the Tomcat as well?

Thanks

ADMIN EDIT: corrected for the right version number.

Edited by IronMike

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Obviously 2.5.6 was meant, and of course, there are a couple of changes coming in.

Hints as to what they might be?

:D

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Fixes. :D

Fair enough. I was hoping for the forrestal though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Did you have to tweak the afterburners after seeing the new lighting effects in 1.5.6?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Why people keeps referring to 1.5.6 when it was obviously an OP mistake?

This! I'm slightly OCD and this is driving me nuts! ;)

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

This! I'm slightly OCD and this is driving me nuts! ;)

Because of this is why it's continued use will never stop. :D

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

It introduced more bugs than it fixed. The whole naval aviation is a big mess now.

You're a beta tester - it's optional. Report and move on.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That's really not an answer to all this. Yes, betas are usually prone to bugs but not like this which makes the naval operations pretty much unplayable. They should have tested this thoroughly and then release it.

Looking at HB's record of fixing some of the bugs, this might take a while.

No, I'm not blaming this on HB exclusively, ED should have waited until the whole package is ready.

That's really not an answer to all this. Yes, betas are usually prone to bugs but not like this which makes the naval operations pretty much unplayable. They should have tested this thoroughly and then release it. Looking at HB's record of fixing bugs, this might take a while.

No, I'm not blaming this on HB exclusively, ED should have waited until the whole package is ready.

As mentioned before, this is ED's way to include the player base who doesn't mind using the beta and being part of the process. If this is too much, the stable release might be the way to go.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As mentioned before, this is ED's way to include the player base who doesn't mind using the beta and being part of the process. If this is too much, the stable release might be the way to go.

That is true and sad. Stable would be good choice if it wouldn't take so long to get support for new modules. If you want to fly new and fresh module, beta is the only way.

Its a terminology issue.

Beta's shouldn't have game breaking problems like this does, beta should be mostly stable and some bugs. Core functionality should work in a beta and the bugs while to be expected shouldn't be this bad. What ED pushed out is an Alpha release IMO. I mean a 30-50% drop in VR frames is pretty bad, killing MP servers is even worse. Many people have reverted rather than deal with "testing this".

Nonsense. Generally, from OpenBeta debut to Stable Release inclusion for new aircraft, the push has been 4 - 6 weeks.

It apparently needs reiterating;

THE OPEN BETA IS A PUBLIC TEST BUILD. IT DOES NOT EXIST TO ALLOW YOU BRAGGING RIGHTS TO NEW TOYS. IT EXISTS TO ALLOW A WIDER VARIETY OF USERS TO DISCOVER MORE ISSUES THAN THE TEAM COULD HOPE TO COVER ON THEIR OWN. BY USING IT YOU ARE TACITLY AGREEING FOR THE POTENTIAL TO BE EXPOSED TO SOME FUNDAMENTAL/GAME BREAKING BUGS.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO RUN OPENBETA EXCLUSIVELY AND DO NOT LIKE HAVING YOUR DCS INSTALL BROKEN THEN YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING OPEN BETA.

Nonsense. Generally, from OpenBeta debut to Stable Release inclusion for new aircraft, the push has been 4 - 6 weeks.

It apparently needs reiterating;

THE OPEN BETA IS A PUBLIC TEST BUILD. IT DOES NOT EXIST TO ALLOW YOU BRAGGING RIGHTS TO NEW TOYS. IT EXISTS TO ALLOW A WIDER VARIETY OF USERS TO DISCOVER MORE ISSUES THAN THE TEAM COULD HOPE TO COVER ON THEIR OWN. BY USING IT YOU ARE TACITLY AGREEING FOR THE POTENTIAL TO BE EXPOSED TO SOME FUNDAMENTAL/GAME BREAKING BUGS.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO RUN OPENBETA EXCLUSIVELY AND DO NOT LIKE HAVING YOUR DCS INSTALL BROKEN THEN YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING OPEN BETA.

This is true, but we shouldn't see numerous bugs to the extent of 2.5.6. Compared to the dozens of other betas I'm in, the latest patch was unfortunately very disappointing.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

This is true, but we shouldn't see numerous bugs to the extent of 2.5.6. Compared to the dozens of other betas I'm in, the latest patch was unfortunately very disappointing.

These are your personal feelings, I get it, but there's no such thing as too much bugs in beta. What is still keeping you in beta branch then? "New and fresh modules"? They are EA, beta, unfinished and more buggy so even more disappointing.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria