Plane swerving without any input !

Hi I didn´t read the entire post but may this help, once i have done a install of DCS world in other drive and wehn trying to fly the aircrafts were going hard to left and the throtle didn´t work properly after a lot of trying I realized that I have not installed the software of my joystick

Logitech 3d, after instaling it and calibrating all starts working properly!

Hope it Helps!

Martim

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

Shadow, after seeing the Su-25 and F-15 tracks I've concluded that this is just DCS wind physics simulation, not a bug.

If you pay attention, when you get over a certain speed the aircraft stops tipping to the left, that's because the physics engine in DCS considers that you are traveling fast enough to overcome that force. Same happens when landing, as soon as you get down to that low speed again, the wind starts pushing your aircraft to the side...

Soooo...not a bug, just wind simulation...use the yaw to compensate for it. Have you ever played IL-2 Sturmovik or tested the P-51/Bf-109 in DCS? With propeller planes you can't take off or land without compensating for the wash effect with the rudder, so a similar thing happens here. It's not a wash effect, but your plane is getting pushed aside by the wind, so it's similar.

Anyway, you can always check your HIDs and TrackIR to see if they are messing with something, and you can always perform a clean DCS install after removing all DCS traces from your system (all folders and registry entries included).

Edited by Hardcard
Correction

Shadow, after seeing the Su-25 and F-15 tracks I've concluded that this is just DCS wind physics simulation, not a bug.

If you pay attention, when you get over a certain speed the aircraft stops tipping to the left, that's because the physics engine in DCS considers that you are traveling fast enough to overcome that force. Same happens when landing, as soon as you get down to that low speed again, the wind starts pushing your aircraft to the side...

Soooo...not a bug, just wind simulation...use the yaw to compensate for it. Have you ever played IL-2 Sturmovik or tested the P-51/Bf-109 in DCS? With propeller planes you can't take off or land without compensating for the wash effect with the rudder, so a similar thing happens here. It's not a wash effect, but your plane is getting pushed aside by the wind, so it's similar.

Anyway, you can always check your HIDs and TrackIR to see if they are messing with something, and you can always perform a clean DCS install after removing all DCS traces from your system (all folders and registry entries included).

Sigh... No wind in the mission as I stated previously and You can see in the mission I have provided in the thread. I have some experience in this game if I may say so and a wind push feels and works differently. If it was wind I'd have needed rudder corrections on landing which I obviously as seen in the tracks I didnt need to do

Hi I didn´t read the entire post but may this help, once i have done a install of DCS world in other drive and wehn trying to fly the aircrafts were going hard to left and the throtle didn´t work properly after a lot of trying I realized that I have not installed the software of my joystick

Logitech 3d, after instaling it and calibrating all starts working properly!

Hope it Helps!

Martim

As we already figured out, it is not from the joystick as it still happens even when it is plugged off. Anyway my joystick works even without its software installed, tho I do have it on right now. I think we got to the point that it is not an axis input, but thanks for the suggestion

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Opened your F-15 Repair track in the Mission Editor and flew it directly from there. No roll whatsoever. So we know it's not inherent to the mission. As I understand it, you only have a keyboard, mouse, and flightstick connected. We ruled out the flightstick. So, just in case it's a hardware issue, try a mission without, first, the keyboard. If the problem still persists, then try it without the mouse.

If after all that the problem is still there, it's got to be your installation.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

If commands are at default, you have conflicts... which is why you're experiencing weird thingies.

You need to select the plane (and sim/ game selection) from the drop and go through and clear out, then reassign your stick/ throttle/ pedals etc... then check all the way for double/ triple cross entries

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Opened your F-15 Repair track in the Mission Editor and flew it directly from there. No roll whatsoever. So we know it's not inherent to the mission. As I understand it, you only have a keyboard, mouse, and flightstick connected. We ruled out the flightstick. So, just in case it's a hardware issue, try a mission without, first, the keyboard. If the problem still persists, then try it without the mouse.

If after all that the problem is still there, it's got to be your installation.

Tried it without keyboard and without mouse (unfortunately I can't without both :D cuz I need something to unpause the game :D) same result. Plane rolls right from the start.

If commands are at default, you have conflicts... which is why you're experiencing weird thingies.

You need to select the plane (and sim/ game selection) from the drop and go through and clear out, then reassign your stick/ throttle/ pedals etc... then check all the way for double/ triple cross entries

Only things I have bined on the axis is my joystick for pitch, roll, rudder and Throttle

'Shadow'

• ED Team

a long shot as it should not make a difference, under options, controls, general, you will find another axis category, I have always cleared mine out of habit.

maybe worth a try? I am running out of ideas :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sigh... No wind in the mission as I stated previously and You can see in the mission I have provided in the thread. I have some experience in this game if I may say so and a wind push feels and works differently. If it was wind I'd have needed rudder corrections on landing which I obviously as seen in the tracks I didnt need to do

Ok, I think I know what the problem is. It seemed to me it was a physics effect (and it is, to some extent) but it's not the air, LOL, it's your freaking steering wheel. Your yaw axis is not centered when at rest, there's a little bit of input to the left, pay close attention to your axis indicator on the lower right side corner of your screen. I've compared your yaw rest position with mine and yours shows a tiny amount of input to the left.

Now you will probably say "can't be that because there's no yaw deviation to the left when I fly", WRONG. The amount of input is so tiny that your rudder doesn't pick it up, but your steering wheel does. For the record, a similar thing happened to me with my previous joystick, that's the reason why I bought my current one, the yaw axis got screwed and there was no way to fix it, not even with deadzones.

And now you will say "if that were the case, then my plane would always go left as soon as my steering wheel touched the runway", WRONG again. There could be different sorts of stuff happening here (script related and physics related, I'm guessing), but the thing is that your steering wheel only applies that deviation when the speed of your aircraft is low (I don't know, could be the momentum of the plane compensating for it? Or just the wing wheels having more influence than the smaller steering wheel, therefore, allowing your plane to run straight at medium-high speeds). Now that I think of it, I remember watching a video of a comercial plane landing straight with a twisted steering wheel (it ended up melting the steering wheel, leaving only its upper half intact), so the wing wheels definitely have more influence than the steering wheel when traveling fast enough.

In fact, here's one video that shows this> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Lmfcma0ZI

What is crystal clear to me is that your yaw axis rest position isn't centered and I'm not sure you can fix that with deadzones.

Here you have screenshots showing how your yaw axis is off center when compared to mine:

Your%20axis%20indicator_zps5tlgf1q9.jpg My%20axis%20indicator_zps0qion9fn.jpg

Your axis (off center)-----My axis (centered)

Unfortunately, Photobucket doesn't allow zoom here, but I'm telling you the deviation is noticeable. You can always press ctrl+or- to zoom in and out with your explorer, you'll see it very clearly then.

I'd wager it's either a config error or a HID issue...or...let's hope not...your mobo (usb ports/controller)...or maybe it's just some driver messing with DCS.

My advice, totally remove DCS like I told you at the end of my previous post. Also, try another keyboard, mouse, TrackIR, joystick, even with another computer, to see if the yaw axis is still acting up.

Edited by Hardcard

Alright, I will reinstall my game and delete everything and try it without any mods what so ever.

I don't have any other pheripherals to replace my current ones so yeah :)

about thise pictures IDK what you've got but :

esYK8SG.png 2L5HkIR.png

Looks straight to me

'Shadow'

Okey, guys I don't know what to make of this.

Completely everything wiped, backups, User's folder..everything.

New Install... didn't even set my video options or anything and this is the result :/

[ATTACH]119555[/ATTACH]

I mean I can live with it I guess, but this just....

'Shadow'

• ED Team

Having rudder pedals would make your experience better, especially being able to brake with toe brakes / using differential brakes.

I think a big part of this is the heavy braking at high speed, in the track you apply full brakes at over 150, where as the track you provided without braking was much better, although the swerve could still be seen slightly.

Could you get access to a set of rudder pedals to try them?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Having rudder pedals would make your experience better, especially being able to brake with toe brakes / using differential brakes.

I think a big part of this is the heavy braking at high speed, in the track you apply full brakes at over 150, where as the track you provided without braking was much better, although the swerve could still be seen slightly.

Could you get access to a set of rudder pedals to try them?

I don't think so. What about the roll at the beginning of the maps ?. Still your jet wasnt swerving and mine was even when not braking

'Shadow'

• ED Team

it is a mystery for now ShaDoW, I hope it does not get in the way of enjoying your flying to much :)

it is a mystery for now ShaDoW, I hope it does not get in the way of enjoying your flying to much :)

Is there any way I can provide more information or anything ?

'Shadow'

Just two short questions... When deleting before you reinstalled DCS, did you made sure every bit was deleted? Even the saved games/DCS..... files?

Did you ever used a mod that changed *.lua files?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I think you have done everything you can to be honest, we have seen the tracks and your issue, you have tried unplugging inputs, clearing them, recalibrating, repair, and fresh install.

We can see you are having the issue from the tracks, but when we try to reproduce we are not getting the same results.

Unless anyone else has an idea I am out of them at the moment.

does having rudder pedal's and toe brakes make that much of a difference, not sure, but I do think the aircraft would be easier to control under braking using them as differential braking could counter the symptom you are seeing. Again not much help, sorry

Okey, guys I don't know what to make of this.

Completely everything wiped, backups, User's folder..everything.

Only mods I have used is sweetfx , shader mod by Mustang, "Old runways" by T.Jacob and "Ground texture mod" by Barthek

'Shadow'

Not at home so I haven't been able to view the track. But there are a finite number of possibilities. You might have already done the following bur just to make sure:

1) Are you up to date with the version you're flying? (This probably doesn't matter except that, at one point, an update last year introduced a roll behavior that a more recent update has fixed.)

2) Are you certain you deleted everything? When you uninstalled the sim, did you go in and verify that everything everywhere had been deleted. Often mods, etc, are left behind and continue plaguing you, if you haven't manually deleted them.

3) Assuming that you did the uninstall/reinstall properly, a) unplug your joystick, b) start the sim, and see what happens. (If that was your approach when you've tried it without your joystick, then disregard this suggestion. Ditto for the following suggestions)

4) Unplug your keyboard and try the same.

5) Try the same experiment with your mouse.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

does having rudder pedal's and toe brakes make that much of a difference, not sure, but I do think the aircraft would be easier to control under braking using them as differential braking could counter the symptom you are seeing. Again not much help, sorry

It makes it easier to control the aircraft but can lead to other problems as well...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129571

To describe it short, my pedals had no deadzone problem but every now and then they seem to trigger one brake very fast (without notice to the display)which leads to a fluctuation in the left hydraulics channel pressure. This can lead to a loss of NWS steering which is a frightening experience during landings...

This was the reason why I asked Shadow for his hardware :music_whistling:

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not at home so I haven't been able to view the track. But there are a finite number of possibilities. You might have already done the following bur just to make sure:

1) Are you up to date with the version you're flying? (This probably doesn't matter except that, at one point, an update last year introduced a roll behavior that a more recent update has fixed.)

2) Are you certain you deleted everything? When you uninstalled the sim, did you go in and verify that everything everywhere had been deleted. Often mods, etc, are left behind and continue plaguing you, if you haven't manually deleted them.

3) Assuming that you did the uninstall/reinstall properly, a) unplug your joystick, b) start the sim, and see what happens. (If that was your approach when you've tried it without your joystick, then disregard this suggestion. Ditto for the following suggestions)

4) Unplug your keyboard and try the same.

5) Try the same experiment with your mouse.

1) Of course I am up to date :) I mean c'mon :D I even know how to use the mission editor. Do you think I don't keep my game up to date :D :D. If I wasnt the track I generate wouldn't replay correctly on your game, because of the game versions

2) Yes, everything. went into the folder and deleted everything left over

3),4),5) I already did those experiments on my old install . Should I do them again ?

'Shadow'

Options, Special,

Look for Take Off Assists and stuff,

make sure they are off.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1) Of course I am up to date :) I mean c'mon :D I even know how to use the mission editor. Do you think I don't keep my game up to date :D :D. If I wasnt the track I generate wouldn't replay correctly on your game, because of the game versions

2) Yes, everything. went into the folder and deleted everything left over

3),4),5) I already did those experiments on my old install . Should I do them again ?

:) No need to repeat assuming you unplugged before starting the sim. It was the order I was questioning. Start the sim and unplug? Or unplug and start the sim.

Had a chance to review your reinstall track. On a positive note, that slow roll to the left is now gone. When braking (keyboard "W"), I also experience a pull to the left if I keep the brakes on. It's less pronounced if I press, release, press, release until I stop.

This has been my experience for a long time now...in the Su-27. I seldom fly the F-15. So it may just be something that those of us using the "W" key have to deal with. That being said, I don't have an issue during the takeoff roll. Only when braking.

_____

Shadow, I have "good" news for you.

First off guys, the tiny deviation to the left was already there even before the brakes were applied...I just happened to make the screenshot when the plane was braking, but the brakes didn't cause it...

Now, the "good" news. I've played your new F15 track and I've noticed what's going on. Your yaw axis starts aligned and stays aligned UNTIL YOU DEPLOY YOUR LANDING GEAR. At that moment, the yaw indicator adds a tiny input to the left and f*cks up your alignment, there you have it. There's something breaking the yaw alignment when the landing gear is deployed, that's your problem. Now you need to figure out why that happens.

I'm guessing that the aligned screenshot you posted was made with the landing gear retracted, right?

Deploy your landing gear and then make another screenshot, let's see if you get the deviation too.

I'm honestly describing what I see when I replay your tracks, mate, I'm not making stuff up.

Here are the screenshots showing what I see:

New%20F15%20gear%20up_zpscvanhvlj.jpgNew%20F15%20gear%20down_zpsgra2oyat.jpg

----Gear up (aligned)-------Gear down (off center)---

From the looks of it, perhaps some config files have a wrong value somewhere and that is causing this behavior...can't be sure, though.

I'd uninstall again, remove all possible DCS folders (saved games DCS folder included), remove all DCS entries in Windows registry, uninstall the joystick driver, reboot my computer, run CCleaner on the registry to clean up the remnants, reboot my pc again, then reinstall joystick drivers, and download the latest OPEN BETA version of DCS, see if that does the trick.

If that doesn't fix it, I'm pretty much out of ideas, XD.

EDIT: Yep, NWS could be causing trouble here, but Shadow also experiences this with the Su-25, which, to my knowledge, doesn't have NWS, so I'm not really sure what's going on here.

In any case, don't worry too much about it, soon (I HOPE), ED will release DCS 2.0 and then lots of other issues will appear, LOL. Actually, I've been on strike for months now, I decided not to play DCS again until 2.0 is released, perhaps this will go on until next year, at this rate, :P

Edited by Hardcard