ME Question: Night Ops

EagleEye

Hi Folks,

is there a aircraft or helo available in DCS:Ka-50 which has "candle lights" to lighten up the battlefield? If yes, which a/c or helo is it and which payload I have to choose?

I know it`s maybe not reallistic to send a Ka-50 to a night mission, just for some MP fun though.:D

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

¿What Cessna without equipment for IFR have light for nights?

The Cessna 172 that I fly at my school and in fact all Cessnas without IFR equipment. :music_whistling:

All Cessnas has same lights (Beacon, Nav, Taxi and Landing) and many also strobes. But not all of them have full IFR equipment.

My Cessna don't have DME or ILS, that are required for IFR flying, but has beacon, nav, taxi and langing lights.

Lights are used in the same way during day or night.

Just out of curiosity, why does the KA-50 have searchlights if it is not really able to operate at night?

Having search lights is one thing; having the capability to view a thermal image of a tank 10 kilometers away and using that to target it and kill it with a missile is another thing entirely. The Ka-50 does not have this capability. The search light is probably there because nothing says you can't fly it at night, you just can't fight with it at night without 3rd-party illumination.

Edited by RedTiger

Obviously for cool 'zomg there is a black helicopter chasing me!' movie scenes! ;)

Just out of curiosity, why does the KA-50 have searchlights if it is not really able to operate at night?
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You can use the Ka-50 at night and kill targets with the Vikhr and cannon.

1. Use NVG.

2. Increase contrast on cockpit TV monitor.

3. Turn laser on.

4. Find target in Shkval.

5. place targeting box on target and ground stabilize(press lock once).

6. Fire Vikhr or cannon when in range.

You will not get an auto track but the laser will still work for guidance.

The spotlight is primarily used for landing.

Edited by Shepski

The game have a bug and because that NVG affect the 'Shkval' screen i.e. you can observe the terrain but can't lock the target (TA mark does not appear).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=550572&postcount=37

Thanks I thought it was my poor piloting skills that was the problem, I could not see theenemy no mater what I did a night.:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

A Russian naval helo landed on my ship at night during a goodwill excercise (ours landed on their ship). I was on the helo deck, and we were all surprised when the helo turned all all its floodlights...blinding us all...as it was coming in.

They use em to land.